Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ascot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
I'm sure this has been gone over a fair few times, but i'll be damned if i can find an active thread about it!

I'm considering buying a macbook this week, there's been plenty of rumours about ultra-thin macbooks, LED screened macbooks and of course the iminent release of Leopard. I'm just wondering exactly what the exhange/upgrade policy is from Apple.

I remember either Gizmodo or a website like it did a thing before January's MacWorld, they worked out the earliest/latest day to buy a mac/ipod and still be eligable for exchange etc and clarified the details but i can't find it.

Basically i don't want to buy my macbook this week, then on the 20th Feb they reease Leopard and say it'll be shipping with all new macs, and have to go out and buy it myself!

:apple:

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Basically i don't want to buy my macbook this week, then on the 20th Feb they reease Leopard and say it'll be shipping with all new macs, and have to go out and buy it myself!

:apple:

You're good, won't happen. They may announce Leopard in Feb, for a March or April or even May ship date, and I seriously doubt updated, or newly introduced MacBooks are on the horizon for at least a 6-12 weeks. If anything, Mac Pros and Minis and maybe iMacs will be next. Outside chance of a new case for the MacBook Pro before you see new MacBooks.

CEAbiscuit

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
The Kitchen
If you are not satisfied with your Apple purchase of a product, please call 1-800-676-2775 for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request within 14 calendar days of the receipt of the product. Configure-to-order, personalized or other customized product may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless DOA. If the item is returned unopened in the original box, we will exchange it or offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. The product must be returned to the Apple warehouse within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. A 10% open box fee will be assessed on any opened hardware or accessory. If you purchased your order using an Apple Business Lease, you may be asked to provide a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) for Apple to assess the 10% open box restocking fee.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Your fine..10.5 isn't going to pop up out of no were, so if it was coming this month we'd know.

As for those other hardware updates, your fine. The MacBook Pro would most likely see them first. Not to mention the MacBook isn't that old. Mac Pro and Mac Mini need update before the MacBook.

Mac Mini + Mac Pro
iMac + MacBook Pro
MacBook

Thats the order that updates will/should come.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.