Time to Change the Name: AppleRumors

Discussion in 'Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion' started by palmharbor, May 3, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

This site is rarely about the MacIntosh computer and the name needs to be changed to Applerumors.com

This site has become the de facto P.R. site for Apple Inc.:cool:

2. macrumors 65816

Good point but last time I checked its not the easiest thing to transfer a very big website to a new domain. And they would probably have to buy a new domain aswell.
    I wasn't able to change the domain from my website, doubt they could just do that.
    I could be wrong :)

3. macrumors 601

Why would Arn want to abandon a recognizable name just for accuracy purposes? That makes no sense whatsoever and is a lot of work for no appreciable value

No offense to Arn or the other admins, but you are thinking about Jim Dalrymple and his site "Loop Insight". Most people think that Apple employees leak directly to Jim and his reliability is looked at as second to none.

4. macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

According to checkdomain arn acquired it like 11 years ago.

5. macrumors 601

cambookpro

They already own the domain, and if you type it in it redirects to macrumors.com.

6. macrumors G3

Kilamite

Arn will change MacRumors to AppleRumors when Apple changes the name of iTunes.

7. macrumors 65816

TRUE, didnt know that :D

8. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you understood branding at all, you would know that this company (MacRumors) is not going to change their name without some kind of undertaking. This isn't some ******** personal blog ran by a kid in a basement. It is a company with paid employees.