Time to congratulate

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by mymemory, Jun 6, 2005.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    I would like to thanx Arn and the rest of the guys for keeping this site as it is. Today was a very good example to see how important Macrumors is, in leting us know "what in the hell is going on with Apple" every single day.

I am a web master myself and I just can imagine how hard it is to have everything under control all the time and coordinate with some other members that manage the site but from their own places. I am part of this comunity as well of some others and this one is the best of them.

Thanx to the team of Macrumors for the updates, the precision and profesionalism.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Yeah, I second that mymemory. Awesome job you guys are doing. :)
  3. njmac macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    Thank you macrumors! And I am impressed that I didn't see a "server too busy" message once - even during the keynote.
    You are doing a fantastic job.
  4. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Aug 23, 2003
    Fort Myers, FL
    Can't say the same thing for MacBytes, MacRumors, ThinkSecret or MacOSRumors. They were all down and out for the count during the keynote. Great job with forums.macrumors.com Arn :) The forums must be on a different box than MacRumors main site, eh?
  5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks from this corner also.

Now if we can find away to make threads of 1000+ posts more manageable. :)
  6. quackattack macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Not the first appreciation thread for MR. But the more the merrier, the staff needs to be reminded they are appreciated every once in a while!

Thanks guys! :D
  7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

Jun 4, 2003
    I've already said it once in another thread, but I'll say it again - thanks Arn and crew, you guys did a great job, not only today with the live coverage of WWDC itself, but over the past few days when the rumors initially surfaced and MR was flooded with posts. Everyone here appreciates it! :)
  8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Correct. We were successful in keeping the forums online during a major live event for the first time.
  9. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I was very impressed that the MacRumors was up during WWDC. On top of that there weren't any server busy messages. Arn upgrading the server has shown to be a complete success, congratulations to arn and his staff. The mods did a marvelous job of keeping everything running smoothly.
  10. cubist macrumors 68020

Jul 4, 2002
    Muncie, Indiana
    Yes, definitely, congratulations! The forums stayed up and response time has been good all through the crazy week.
  11. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005

MacRumors has quickly became the FIRST site I visit each day, and I don't even own a Mac yet!

PowerPC or Intel... 2005 or 2006... AHH! MUST FIGURE IT OUT!

When I get a Mac, this will be my homepage!

AND the forums werent down during the keynote!
  12. sourcemonkey macrumors regular

Mar 10, 2005
    One step forward, two steps back.
    let me add my appreciation. imo MR is clearly the best forum out there. i shudder when i have to go trawling round other forums for information. :)