Time to go on the offensive!

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Sunrunner, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Sunrunner macrumors 6502a

Nov 27, 2003
    Anybody know of a computer lab or two with lots of idle time? If so, I say you make yourself a F@H installer CD and load up some of that wasted hardware with some software so it can start number crunchin' for good ol' macrumors team. We need to start bringing out the big guns if we are gonna catch the knights....;)

It's a revolution!:cool:
  2. vannote macrumors member

Jun 29, 2003
    Re: Time to go on the offensive!

I think we are positioned to pass just about everyone between us and KWSN before the end of February, knock on wood. The other stats site showed KWSN as an upcoming conquest for a very brief time. Unfortunately, that has since passed.
  3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Well besides I am banned from my school Network (Pc) I have been trying for a while for the mac lab to get on folding...

Basically no CPU used all day... but all Os 9.

They have promised me Os X soon... but arg. nothing.

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA

Have the techs agreed to put F@H on the machines once X is on there?

We don't want you getting another mark on your "permanent record" for installing unauthorized software. ;)
  5. vannote macrumors member

Jun 29, 2003
    I feel that the screen-saver would be an easier sell to an admin.

What/where do you set the default screen-saver for when a Mac is sitting at the login screen? Is there one? I have never checked...
  6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Haha, they still haven't caught 'the person' who deleted the security software on the Os 9 computers...

Which Mr. Epstein I have nothing to do with... (if you don't get in there is a thread in community Disc.)

The tech have agreed to 'try it out'

Whatever that means.

vannote -- it really depends if I want stealth of admiration in installing this...

If I get people behind it I would do the screensaver... but If I don't stealth is the only way... (terminal)
  7. Sir Furry Mark macrumors newbie

Jul 2, 2003
    Out in the sticks...
    Re: Re: Time to go on the offensive!

That hasn't gone unnoticed... :rolleyes: you keep appearing on our threat list. :eek:

We're just about to throw another team into the gap (SAGoons), but you guys have ramped up impressively recently. The question is, can you keep it up? :p

Ni! :D
  8. vannote macrumors member

Jun 29, 2003
    Re: Re: Re: Time to go on the offensive!

We got upgrades, from both Apple and Stanford. :D
  9. KWSN-SirNSP macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2003
    hi im noneshallpass but ur thingymajobber is too small fer me to put ma full name in der....

NEWAY i come here to check dis stuff out... we are bored from no taunting cuz the SAGoons make u pay to get in ther forumses... whats with that eh?

sooo.... we figured we'd come back down here and taunt those we already passed... it seems i wasn't here when we passed u da first time...

sad, but still, you are a bit away and we don't have much people to pass like until march... SOOOO....

and we've definitely added members since we passes you, as i've seen some really hardcore FOLDERS... as you must've done the same welll

we all fold for da same cause... thus the taunting... (all u louknees should power down ur macs)

i've heard that F@H client ruins G4 processors... something about Apple's sucking? hey maybe if we can get our video cards folding as well, you guys could prolly do a lot better eh? hummm....

interesting thought?
  10. chibianh macrumors 6502a

Nov 6, 2001
    welcome, dude. where did u hear that garbage from, eh? From MY experiences, my G4s fold just as fast (with the new core) if not faster than P4s and Athlons with TWICE the mhzs.. If that sucks, then well.. it just sucks for you guys (none of u fold on macs, right?) cuz you will feel the might of the G4s and G5s soon enough!!

11. KWSN-SirNSP macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2003
    tree wurds

then we see, eh? wut MEGAHURTS is ur G4 eh?
    (plus i know ur not talkin about HT intels)

what doya thing about AMD makin chips for MACs EH???

point of da matter is... AMD ownz apple

and the fact of the matter is.... KWSN uses a LOT of AMD

PLUS even if your CPUs ARE MORE EFFICIENT (per MHZ), that doesn't mean it's better... you would have to post the price of one of your CPU/COMBOS which is near impossible for you i imagine

i.e. a wise man once said "a 300Mhz Strongarm Processor in my PDA couldn't touch the production of a 300Mhz PII." and guess which one costed more... :D

p.s. i like ur :D smily better than ours.... it rocks :D
  12. KnightWhoSaysNi macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2002
    You know I'm thinking a little taunting might be in order - I had this name -NWSN - before you silly persons showed up and sullied the name....

I hope we pass you! :p
  13. Sir Fart macrumors newbie

Time to go on the offensive :eek: ?

You guys are already offensive :p .
  14. KWSN-SirNSP macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2003

:D u ARE a LOUKNEE, jus LIKE US... BUT EVEN we don't speel it wift a N...

:mad: whos the sullifyin one after all, u son of a silly person?

P.S. there will be no passing ... by u ... of us

OK u won't PASS US...

you have a lot more people than us... but we r more dedicated... PLUS

as of right now we are outproducing you and your silly MACINTOSHESES, BUUUUT, soon we will have a new member

:eek: and he will assure our victory... with 200 some computers:D do you even have that many producing total? i also came to the realization that you don't have 1, not 1 person producing over 2500 a week... SHEESH how menny do we have? 9

the stats on one of our members eh?
    5,530.00 points a day
    33,198.00 points a week
    798,072.00 points total
    18,385 total work units:D :D :D

the great KWSN_MilleniumKnight who prolly doesn't have the time to taunt you because he's too DEDICATED to wut he's doing!

anotherwords he can produce more in three weeks than the total production of your TOP FOLDER... KYRE :rolleyes:
    holy crap.... i've also realized, although i don't have nearly as many points as KYRE, i outproduce him! and i'm a NOBODY jus a taunter!
  15. FritzTheWonderM macrumors member

Dec 12, 2003
    Planet 10
    Is it my imagination...

... or are we going to pass the silly k-nig-its sooner than expected? It was looking like March but now it looks like Feb. Loosing ground fast they are.
  16. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    I don't know which team's stats you were viewing, but all of what you said is patently wrong. Off the bridge you go...

MilleniumKnight does have some impressive stats. Maybe it will be enough for you to pull ahead of us in production again, but right now it looks like we are still gaining.

17. KWSN-SirNSP macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2003
    i had to go back and read my post, but there was no AAAAAAGGGGGHHHH ing in there!?

stats r...

bit different

*enn ess pee sticks feets in mouf*

yes well...

:eek: we will be outproducing very shortly, like i said a new member is soon to join with many many shrubbers (computers that are shrubbing (shrubbing = producing) )

and the TAUNTING shall continue (not from your side but OURS )

:D :D :D
    p.s. much better :D kudos to your admins... or whoever made :D your
    : D
  18. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    KnightWhoSaysNi better watch out...

You may have less people with 10000's comps in their basement, but we have more people with slightly less computers, I'll take my odds.

Don't make me register at your boards!

19. KWSN-SirNSP macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2003
    come register come register... but no actually we don't keep all our computers in the basement...

but ya that 10,000 figure... hmmmm yeah thats about right...
  20. shemp9999 macrumors regular

Dec 29, 2003
    i've got Ni-eight processors in my basement...

blue, no green, no bl...aaaaaaagh

thanks to the G5, i'm poppin' in round about 2G's a week (it's doing about 1/2 of my current WUs on its own).

i just hit 100th on team macrumors, but i look forward to hangin' out in the 12th- to 13th-place range with jbgeorge - soon.

unless i figure out how to exceed the 8 machine limit...my 2 x 2 xeon would gladly crank a few...as would a few other machines i use with 'liberate-able' processor cycles...

currently, my 'fleet' consists of:

1 400 MHz G3 (B/W)
    1 733 MHz G4 (Quicksilver)
    2 500 MHz G4 (DP 500)
    2 1 GHz G4 (DP Quicksilver)
    2 2 GHz G5 (DP 2 GHZ)

i'll be replacing my work desktop (DP Quicksilver) with a G5 soon. i'll get whatever comes out this spring - unless nothing does, then i'll get a DP2GHz.

that should up my WU count a bit ;-)