Time to purchase a iBook??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by joshwest, Aug 24, 2005.

1. joshwest macrumors 65816

Apr 27, 2005
    im really am eager to pick up one of the new iBooks, i just was curious how pleased everyone was with the revision. I just purchased a G5 iMac 2GHz and couldnt be any happier, but i really need a iBook for school and work. Could someone shed some light on em?
  2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    there are lots of very good iBook threads around, esp debating the 12 v. 14 issue. i think that most people who have them, really enjoy them. if you need it, get it.
  3. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2005
    I've never been happier with a laptop. I highly reccommend it. And I only have the stock model :D
  4. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    hee... that's the setup I'm going for. My 12" iBook w/ 60GB HD is still, "Sent to Manufacturing" (second day now) and I can't wait for it to get here to compelement my iMac G5 20" 2.0GHz.

It will be an awesome set up, entropyjosh! :D
  5. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    Same iBook as me. :) :) :)

I really like it. Had a few problems with the backlight in the beginning there, but everything is ok now. Apple is fast with repairs.
  6. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

May 15, 2005
    Tacoma WA
    The new iBook was my first apple computer I have ever owned. I have been working with computers though for a very long time and I can tell you that I absolutely love the ease of operation and the beauty of this thing! I have been very very happy with my purchase and am now slowly switching all my gear to apple as well.

Get that new iBook!
  7. pammyspyce macrumors regular

Jul 29, 2005
    Bay Area, Calif
    I think that an iMac and an iBook would be the perfect set-up. Go for it! :D
  8. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

May 18, 2005
    I got my iBook in my sig about 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it. No problems whatsoever. It was really easy to figure out how to install stuff and change the setttings even after using Windows for 10 years. Since Windows 95 to XP, Windows is the same Windows just fancier. I needed a new, more powerful OS like Tiger.
  9. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

Oct 26, 2003
    Cardiff, Wales
    Time to purchase an English grammar book?

EDIT: Ok Ok, im being bitchy! I just got my iBook 12" this morning! 'Tis fantastic!
  10. TaKashMoney macrumors 6502

Jul 15, 2005
    Bought my new 12inch ibook the day of the update. I now have it at school and love it. Convenient may be the best adjective for me to describe it. Easy to jump on wireless, easy to carry, easy to look at, wonderful screen, fantastic price. It is the best *and cheapest* computer i have ever owned. There is not a better time to buy.
  11. persianpunisher macrumors regular

Jul 28, 2005
    Here here !
  12. joshwest thread starter macrumors 65816

Apr 27, 2005

wow here in a few weeks we will have matching setups
  13. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    I know, isn't it awesome? I'm so excied. There's actually this thread that also pertains to us. ;)
  14. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

Jun 23, 2005
    My thoughts exactly. Though I got addicted to the iBook first, then just had to buy the iMac later.
  15. assscat macrumors regular

Jul 29, 2005
    I *heart* my new iBook: 12" 80GB 1.5GB RAM! Love it to bits.

But I am caught in a triangle of passion! I also love my G4 iMac 20". So far I don't think either of them knows about the other, but I suppose it is only a matter of time until they find out. I am dreading that day – the heartache that will be caused.

And if they ever get wind of how much time I spend with my 20GB iPod I'll be in so much trouble. My iMac is so demanding that I'm sure it won't understand. And I'm trying to keep my use of my iPod Shuffle quiet as well, because that's aggravation I just don't need.

(Or maybe I just need to get out more!)
  16. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    like the OP, I have a desktop (rev. A 1.8 Ghz G5), and needed a laptop for school. The 12" ibook has been perfect thus far. It's surprisingly fast (1.5 GB of RAM helps), great battery life and wifi range, and of course, extremely portable. I'm VERY happy with this laptop.