Time to say goodbye..

Discussion in 'Games' started by coolocity, May 8, 2003.

1. coolocity macrumors regular

Although I didn't originally plan on buying my mac for gaming, after a year of seeing great games come out for PC, with no Mac ports in development, I decided it was time to switch back.. let me tell you how it all started.

I woke up about a week ago, checked my IMs and such, and noticed a message from a life-long Mac user listing some stats on a computer. 3ghz, Radeon 9700 pro 128mb vid card, 1024 mb DDR ram, etc. A very very nice gaming system. He asks me how much I believe it would cost to put together, so I figured around $1900 or so. Turns out I was wrong. This great system complete with a 17" Dell LCD was only a tad under $1400. An hour later, my 17" 800mhz iMac w/ Superdrive is listed on ebay.

I'm going to miss the Apple OS, my iMac, and great mac communities such as this one. I had a great experience with Apple, and someday if my budget allows, I wil purchase from them once again.

If anyone out there is interested in purchasing my iMac feel free, it's in great shape, and listed on ebay here.

Take care all, It's been fun.

- John

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

so you have an imac or an ibook? or both?

gotta do what you gotta do.

enjoy windows. hahaha! ;)

3. Remus macrumors member

4. coolocity thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, trust me, that's the last reason for my switch :D

5. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Come back from time to time and let us know about all the cool new viruses out there. It used to be that I knew them all by name... I feel so out of touch. :p

6. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Dude, computers are tools. If you want a toy to play games on buy an Xbox, or gamecube, or both. Save the money and the Mac.