Time to Upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrcowdude20, Oct 4, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Hi, I was wondering if the iPod Touch 5 would be a good upgrade, since I still am stuck on the 3rd. gen. Should I buy it?

2. WLS
    macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't unless it can be shown that there is 512Mb ram in the new one. I figure there has to be a major redesign for next year that I will want.

3. macrumors newbie

By the looks of it now, I wouldn't call it an iPod touch 5g. I'd hold out if I were you.

4. macrumors 6502

vanzantapple

1. I would wait until an actual update to the product comes out. Right now the iPod Touch is old tech at a high price. Bad combo.

2. Check out used iPhone4. More RAM, better camera, coated glass, flash on the camera.

3. Samsung PMPs with bigger screens are coming out soon. If I didn't have my iPT4, that's what I'd get.

4. Kindle FIRE. If you just want this device for around the house then look into the FIRE but naturally a 7 inch tablet won't fit "easily" into your pocket.

5. Used Android phone. There is a big used market popping up on used Android phones. Many models with many features. Do your homework if your interested in these because there is a lot to choose from.