Timescales?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by MagicWok, Mar 19, 2007.

1. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Hi guys. In need of some sound advice.

I have a friend from uni working in a studio in London. His company are sending him on some Flash and Dreamweaver training in order to develop some company websites.

He's being asked by his Director for estimated time-scales on how long it would take, once he had the training, to recreate a website similar to this, as his client has a website that they can't gain access to or update for various reasons:

www.lds-uk.com (Architects, Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands).

He's asked me, but I'm not a web designer so don't know much about this. Bearing in mind he'll be working 4-days a week, how long do you think it would take to recreate that website?

I gave him a guestimate of a month and a half of solid working? I'm sure my estimate is way off, so if anyone could provide some insight?

He'll be on on a 2 day Flash course that introduces Flash animation/actionscript and a 3 day dreamweaver web development course.

Thanks in advance guys!

2. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

I would say it is possible in a week but best to say about 2.

that is solid monday - friday 9-5 work.

I think a few days training won't be enough to do it. I have been on a 4 year course and would struggle, but i have never studied hard at flash.