tiny symbol driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brynmr, Aug 21, 2006.

1. brynmr macrumors newbie

How do I remove that little symbol in the upper right corner of every printed page from my mail program. It's driving me nuts. Mail 1.3.11 (v622/624) OS X Mac Mini.

thanks

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

3. brynmr thread starter macrumors newbie

There's a tiny image in the upper right corner. To the left is an old email addy both of which I punched in when I set up the program.

4. brynmr thread starter macrumors newbie

This maybe too simple for you guys and maybe you think I'm kidding but I'm serious. I'm stumped.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well what is the image of? I can't think of what you're talking about off the top of my head.

As a temporary workaround, you could always copy and paste what you want printed into a TextEdit document. That might be more work than it's worth though.

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I just test-printed an email using Mail 2.1, and didn't notice any symbol in any of the four corners. Can you print to .pdf then take a screenshot of it to help us out?

7. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

If you’re talking about an actual picture (like a butterfly of cat or something), then that can be removed from the Address book. If your Address book personal contact card has a picture, when you send an email message using the mail application, it will tack on the picture in the bottom corner. All you have to do is remove it and you should be fine.

8. brynmr thread starter macrumors newbie

When I set up the mail there was a choice of icons you could select which would show up on each email. I selected one but I cannot find the delete or alter choice. It shows up when I print something I've writted in Mail program as well. Annoying.

9. brynmr thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure how but it doesn't matter. Just pre-programed info showing up on each email at the top of the page.

10. brynmr thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't get my TextEdit (OS9) to print on my printer. My Mail does however.

11. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Open up a message::choose print:: print to pdf::save on desktop:: open with Preview::cmd+shift+3 for screenshot::attach screenshot file on desktop to message on forum::wait for feedback

Done!

12. brynmr thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's the top of the page where the image and old addy show up:

Attached Files:

13. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yep...that's the profile picture. Find the entry in Address Book and delete the picture if you don't want to see it anymore.

14. brynmr thread starter macrumors newbie

I opened up a new message then opened the address book icon. There's just three old addresses I can't delete. No icon. :confused:

15. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Okay...I'm not entirely clear on what's happening here. What's the deal with the address that appears on the left side in your attachment? That should be your name and e-mail address...from some of your comments, it seems like it isn't.

If it is in fact your name and e-mail address, does it not come up in the list when you click on the "Address" button?

16. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Open up address book. One of the addresses should have a black sillhouette of a bust as an icon in the list instead of the white business card icon. That's the "me" address book entry that refers to you. Your e-mail address should be in that one. See if it has the lips next to your name in the right side of Address Book when you click on it.

17. brynmr thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't see the lips icon anywhere. Not beside the silhouette or far to the right of it. I just can't find it. When I click on it a new message pops up. That's it.

18. brynmr thread starter macrumors newbie

No it is. That's my old addy. The one I typed in when I bought this computer. I'm currently using my old Outlook Express.

19. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Don't open your address book within the mail program, there is an entire different program called..... Address book. find that in your applications folder on your hard drive. Find your address card and delete the picture icon attached to it.

20. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

From the "Address" window in Mail, right click or control-click on the listing for yourself and click edit, that will open Address Book and you should see the lips picture. Or just go straight to Address Book, find yourself in the listings, and click the "Edit" button.

21. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

I Think at this point it would be easiest if you erased and installed…:cool:

22. brynmr thread starter macrumors newbie

23. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

uh, glad that that is resolved. that was the most thrilling thread in a month. first the suspense till it was clear what symbol is sneaking up to you. then the thrill of finding its origin and finally the battle ending with its destruction and the happy end........

yes, I'm THAT bored at work.

24. brynmr thread starter macrumors newbie

25. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:D