Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
I tried looking back through the posts but can't find anything useful. I remember reading that Tiny Umbrella wouldn't work for A5 - that blobs could not be saved anymore. But then I read sporadic posts within JB threads about it being possible... Before I jailbreak my 4s, I wanted to find out if it was possible... I'd hate to go through reinstalling all my JB apps, have something crash, and then be forced to restore to 5.1 (or later--- whatever the case may be)

Does the newest version of TU work for the 4s?? I can't seem to find anything pertinent when I search.

NanoNyrd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
TiinyUmbrella can *save* your SHSH blobs. However, no way of actually using them on a IP4S/iPad2 with iOS 5.x has yet been found.

If/when such a method is found, it will be annoying not to have saved them.

Until then I guess you just have to hope you'll never need to restore your device.

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
TiinyUmbrella can *save* your SHSH blobs. However, no way of actually using them on a IP4S/iPad2 with iOS 5.x has yet been found.

If/when such a method is found, it will be annoying not to have saved them.

Until then I guess you just have to hope you'll never need to restore your device.

So I guess the best bet right now is install SBSettings first so that if anything crashes it will just go into safe mode?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.