Tip About Conserving Laptop Battery Life

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Wes, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

If you are trying to conserve battery life on your laptop computer (say, while hanging out waiting for a delayed flight at an airport), use a light-colored background screen instead of a dark-colored one. Dark pixels are considered to be turned on when it comes to the way LCD screens work. That means dark pixels use more battery current than light colored pixels. You can choose a light colored desktop pattern from the Desktop panel of the System

Does anybody care to do a test for us?

2. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I just din everything down until the screen turns 100% black (off).

3. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

that must be really easy on the eyes while trying to work </sarcasm> I am sure the original poster meant to say that while you work, a lighter background extends battery life.

PS:

Mymemory, don't take this in the wrong way, because I know that English is not your first language, and I would be horrible speaking spanish, but can you correct the grammar in your signature? It bugs me, and I am trying to ignore it, but you know how particular most of us are.
    "There are no useless equipment, only ignorant users" should be "There is no useless equipment, only ignorant users". Thanks.

4. Wes thread starter macrumors 68020

Wes

I mean, say if you are typing while flying you want to have as many white backgrounds as you can to conserve the battery life.

5. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Thanx for the suggestion……But I have an extra battery!!!;) ;) :D