Tip: Start playing the iPod without closing the app you're in!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheSpaz, Oct 9, 2009.

1. macrumors 604

Jun 20, 2005
    Okay, so this is for iPhone and iPod touch users on 3.1 or higher.

As some of you may know, 3.1 removed the ability to bring up the mini iPod player with a double-tap of the home button *if music isn't already playing* (iPod touch users always had this ability), but I figured out a couple of ways around this bug in 3.1.

First: If you have the Apple headphones with a mic, just click the mic button and your music will start playing. You can now bring up the on-screen controls if you wish.

Second: If you aren't using headphones with a mic, simply lock the iPod or iPhone using the power button, then double-tap the home button and the iPod controls will come up.

There you have it. It's a workaround, yes, but it prevents having to quit out of your game if you want to start listening to music.

- TheSpaz -
  2. macrumors regular

Aug 17, 2009
    With the headphones.

Holding down activates Voice Control.
    Double Tapping switches to the next song.
    Triple tapping goes back a song.
  3. macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2009
    Monroe, Michigan
    Thanks for your tip! I was always mad I couldn't listen to my music while playing iMobsters lol...

EDIT: actually, when I'm in the game, all it does is re-play the intro sound... piss.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Sep 12, 2009
    OMG are you serious? That's awesome! I was so mad that I couldn't skip songs without taking out my ipod and double clicking, etc.

I must try this now!
  5. macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Hmm.. now that I think about it, that does work!

Thanks Spaz ;)