tips for apple

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by comictimes, Jul 9, 2004.

1. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

I was reading this article about what apple should do to gain more switchers, and the guy seems to have several good points. most have been said before, but still...

apple tips

2. smllpx macrumors member

This happens every time Apple doesn't have a great quarter, experts come out of the wood work to offer a fix. I didn't think any of his ideas were that great.

1 & 2: Make them cheap, right, Apple wants to sell the most expensive machines possible. :rolleyes: Plus, show me a PC laptop under the base 12" iBook that doesn't include the shoddy intel graphic's chip.

3. Ditch the all-in-one. Why? he says "but consumer interest in computers with integrated monitors has never really taken off", was 2002 that long ago when the iMac broke records while the rest of the industry was in a slump? Wasn't the original iMac the best selling computer ever?

4 & 5: Sell Soap: $200 trade in for a two year-old computer? Not likely, unless you bought a bottom basement PC. Besides I don't think that is the real market for switchers, I think it is people who have been looking to upgrade their 4-5 year-old computer. Try before you buy? What are macs, mattresses? That is what the stores are for, go in, play with the shiny toys, ask questions, repeat a couple times, finally buy. Maybe in the server world they could offer online test machines, Sign-up, Apple puts the server online and sends your the password, You access it with VNC (we are talking about windows users here) and SSH. When time period is up apple reformats the machine. No shipping, controlled environment for a better experience, etc.

6. Sell Security: Ever wonder why certain airlines never advertise their excellent safety record? Because they know there are elements out of their control. What if there is a wide ranging exploit in a library Apple uses? Say OpenSSL, yes they can fix it but the end user won't know the difference, they will say "See Macs are just as insecure".

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

If Apple started an ad campaign based just on being more secure, that would be like a total invitation for virus writes to start proving themselves by making mac viruses.

4. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

That guy is a friggin troll. Oh no, sales are down! Reduce prices! Apple is going out of business!

What, again? :rolleyes:

Everyone and their mother thinks that they can run Apple better than Steve Jobs. If anyone from this board took over, or God-f****** forbid the articles author took over, I'd give Apple about 2-3 months before nose-diving into the ground. :rolleyes:

5. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=3921

this is the other view point.

6. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member