Tired of always connecting MBP to TBD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cramazing, May 14, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Jun 17, 2012
    So everyday when I come home and leave my house I have to connect my MBP to my TBD to do some office work or browse the web, this has become a habit as I am so use to the beautiful 27". Problem is I'm tired of doing this, so im thinking about getting about Mac.

so far my options are base Mac Mini, or base 11" MBA

I know the difference in price for the 2 will be about $400 and im okay with that. I like the idea of a MBA is for being able to just take it around the house and browse and not have to haul my big expensive 15" RMBP.

Why i would go with the Mini is because this new machine will solely be connected to the TBD, so maybe the laptop is kinda useless, but for that 5-10% chance of the time I want to be mobile the laptop comes to mine..

2. macrumors 6502

Apr 12, 2013
    Or buy the mini for permanent connection and an iPad 4 to have a retina display when needing to be mobile but not wanting to lug any laptop around? Or even a mini ipad?
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 17, 2012
    yeah thats another option too Mini + iPad, cost is = to 11"MBA
  4. macrumors 6502

Feb 20, 2008
    First world problems.

That said, I'm plenty happy with a 15" rmbp that goes around the house and a mini on a couple 23/24 lcd's.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Nov 11, 2008
    I bought a Mac Mini, gave my MBP to the Mrs and bought an iPad Mini for mobile stuff...I don't miss the macbook at all.