tired of being single...

Discussion in 'Community' started by mgargan1, Jan 2, 2004.

1. macrumors 65816

mgargan1

anyone else in this forum tired of being single? I've been single for too long, and i miss being in a relationship soo much...

This is kinda weird to put this in a thread, but I'm just venting, and am very bored, so I'm just talking here... anyone else feel tired of being single?

2. macrumors regular

...Tell me about it. I go to a school which is, at best, 80% guys. At times I like to say it's a good thing because I can focus on school, but still! My New Year's resolution is to look into asking one of the few girls I know at school out. Last I checked she was available. She promised to take me out drinking for my 21st birthday (Jan. 1st) when school starts next week. Perhaps I can get my foot in the door then!

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

mgargan1

good luck to you man... and happy birthday... as well :)

4. macrumors 68000

Mav451

ah another MDer :)

I too am single, but am i tired of being single? Yes and no. Don't try to force the issue...forcing anything is usually a bad thing. I think it is more of an opportunity thing -- if there are any "what-ifs" in your thoughts, those should be changed to "how did it turn out" =D

5. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i just got broken up with for another lame reason... there wasn't any "romance" in our relationship. let me tell you, i tried taking her out on romantic dates all the time, but all she wanted to do was sit around and watch a movie or makeout. i didn't complain, but the fact that she is the one who thinks there is no romance is horrible since she is the one who prevented any.

i've had far too many bad experiences with girls, so now all that i do is complain about them... "girls are the devil"...

...but then again... there is always the one that got away. we were always on the verge of getting together, but were never able to. now we go to different colleges and she's had a guy for about a year now. i get to hang out with her over this next week... hopefully i don't let my feelings for her get the best of me... i don't want to ruin what she's got already... or do i? he he he (evil laugh)... no seriously i wouldn't.

i have always had a hard time being single... i'm not looking forward to... well... NOW.

6. macrumors P6

wdlove

I enjoyed being single till the day I got married. Don't really remember having any problem relationships.

7. macrumors 68000

agreenster

I'm married to an awesome lady!

(neeener neeeener neeeeeeeeener!)

:D

Hang in there, someone will find you! (notice I didnt say 'you'll find someone')

8. macrumors G3

move to Nottingham.... women out number men there by a ratio of 3:1 ;)

9. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Just don't put pressure on yourself in trying to not be single. That path only leads to desperation - most women can smell that a mile away and you'll end up even worse off. ;)

Just act cool and relax and let things happen - and if you're just not meeting new people, have you ever thought of an online service? They're really good since you can actually talk to the women before you meet them and get to know if you're somewhat compatible. And, most importantly, they're all looking for someone as well. No worrying if the current infatuation you have has a boyfriend :D

D

10. macrumors 68040

mactastic

It seems like the only time I've had decent relationships has been when I'm comfortable and happy being single. I guess it helps to bring a complete person to a relationship instead of someone who "needs" something out of it. You gotta have you own friends, your own activities and interests and then find someone who matches those at least to some degree. Just my 2¢.

In the mean time, you might peruse through this thread.
    :D

11. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

take me with u... ;)

12. macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Man... when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about processers. Good luck.

13. macrumors 68000

Sayhey

14. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

So what exactly prompted this topic?

I've been single pretty much for a year & a half now, having dated a few people here & there. It's nice only having myself to watch over, but everyone gets lonely from time to time.

15. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i dunno.
    being only 14 going on 15 i don;t think i know anything about relationships. most people are saying things like i love you and making out at 12 now, and im kinda creeped out by that.

if people keep on going at this rate our grandchildren will be making out at nap-time :eek:

but that has nothing to do wit this topic at all. now for something on topic.:p

you should be happy about being single because you might miss it if/when you get married.

16. macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Well, I'm not strictly tired of being single, but I definitely would like to be going out with somebody. I'm at a point where I'm not ready to get married, but it's something I'm really looking forward to.

I've been thinking lately about how much easier it is post-high school though. If I liked a girl in high school, it was really hard because we were all stupid and immature. I would have to ask around if she's going out with anybody, get my friends to talk me up, keep an appropriate distance for a few days prior to asking her out, I'd have to figure out the perfect place to ask her and all this other crap that made it all really stupid.

I'm in college now, and it's much easier. Check if she's wearing a ring. If not, ask her out. If she's going out with somebody already, share an awkward laugh, give each other space the next day and things are good again.

I asked out a bunch of girls in high school and with the exception of one time it was never a positive experience, largely due to all of the theatrics involved.

Freshman year in college I completely gave up on the dating scene anyway because I was so disillusioned from my experiences in high school. This year, I decided to ask a girl out that I met just before the school year started, and it was about a million times easier than before (still nervous, of course). I actually asked her out a couple of times but she had family stuff going on and couldn't go. The third time she was available, but she had caught on that I was interested in her and was kind enough to be direct with me and said no. For me, it was a positive experience because she and I both handled it really well. She and I are still really awesome friends--one of the best friends I've ever had at least. :D

I still want to go out with her, but I'm not too worried about it. I'm interested in her but she doesn't feel the same way about me and there's nothing sinister or evil about that. It's just how it goes sometimes.

I'm not strictly pissed off about being single, but I do get tired of being passed over for guys that are better-looking than me. I've got personality, money, but am merely average looking so I get shafted a lot. Two out of three isn't bad, but only if one of those three is rugged good looks.

I'm SO glad to be out of high school. :rolleyes:

17. macrumors 68040

Grimace

love...or at least a relationship...most likely creeps on you when you least expect it. Sometimes at the most inconvenient times.

18. macrumors G3

it's the only reason to go there.... :eek: :p :p

19. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

sure, you might miss some aspects of being single, but as a married man, I'm glad for it and wouldn't want to be single again....;)

But then, marriage isn't for everyone anyway....

D :D

20. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Im not a religious person in fact not even close, but i do think if you ask god or pray to god if you will about it he can open doors. this is what i did years ago and somehow it just happen. I dont want to spill all the details but just the fact that my wife and i cross paths is almost a miracle or a bunch of coincidences all lined up. in fact when we talk about it it almost seems strange. be patient and pray even if you dont think of a personal god which for me is hard to believe in but i think there is a universal god that can set things into motion. i may be wrong , i may be right but its worth a try. what do you have to loose.

21. macrumors 6502

Transfer to NYU. The girls are GORGEOUS, 70% of the school is female, and they don't have California syndrome. Most of them will probably eat you alive though...

Myself I've been in a relationship 2+ years. It's nice, but then again I can't touch any of those girls! ;-)

22. macrumors P6

wdlove

Is there a new definition for single now eyelikeart? Does single also mean not currently dating? I was single, single for almost 25 years.

iGAV has a great suggestion, if you go to Nottingham maybe you will find your maid Marian.

23. macrumors 68000

agreenster

Ooooooh. C.S. Partly good, but mostly bad.

And yeah, dont rush into things. You may be bummin' right now, but everyone meets someone. Give it time. Freshman in college is still VERY young.

24. macrumors 601

krossfyter

ehh...

to me getting with a woman is opening the door to another broken bridge. just as it starts death and entropy start too. its just like life... as soon as you are born you start dying. what a pesimisstic and bitter way of looking at this issue i know. i dont completley believe in it... it just feels like this for me at the moment. i mean i know that a great life enhancing cookie cutter american pie relationship can exist... its just i have been currently expierencing the opposite. ... and i did pray to God (thinking God sent me the one) and i did wait and 2 times i wasnt looking for anyone... ive been there done that being a good guy stuff (not saying i want to start being a mean one). Its just that the concepts of entropy and broken relationships are such a a big part of my life (at the moment) . I am better not even getting with a woman at this stage of my life. As soon as I get with a woman ... the process of creating another EX begins. Who wants another EX???? I sure as hell don't. Its not like i try hard to create one either... its also not like i am the problem or the other party is the problem... i am not even going there. I am just sharing with you all what I am thinking about on the issue at the moment. I hope to God I do find the right one some day... but I am not going to stress out my life trying to search for one.
    If in when I do meet the right one for me I like to think that a certain song will be the perfect one for that time in my life. The song is called "Sweet Miracle" and its by Rush.

I wasn't walking on water
    I was standing on a reef
    When the tide came in
    Swept beneath the surface
    Lost without a trace
    No hope at all
    No hope at all

Oh - sweet miracle
    Oh - sweet miracle
    Of life

I wasn't walking with angels
    I was talking to myself