Titanium 667 memory

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by giovanni, Oct 14, 2002.

1. giovanni macrumors regular

I would like your opinion on this. My sister has this PB 667 with the 256k of mem that comes with it. She is having troubles with MS Word on OS9.xx (this is the one tool she needs big time for her work). So, my only suggestion would be to (a) switch to Jaguar because the system seems to be overall a lot more stable - however I have no idea about MS Word for Jaguar and (b) get more memory, which seems to be necessary when switching to OS X.

What do you guys think ? Also, given that she does mostly word processing and may be some email/internet, would it be sufficient to upgrade to 512k or would you say, oh well, go for 768k while you are at it. And finally, installing the additional memory is not harder than it is for an iBook (I have one of these).

thx a lot and ciaoooooooo

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

For the cheapest deals on memory that I've seen most of the time, visit

www.18004memory.com

For a minimum, jack up the Ti to 512MB. (You know, if I had 512k or 768k of memory I'd be lucky if my computer started up. :hint hint...MB, not KB: :)) If you want to go to 512MB, it's up to you and if you feel it's necessary.

MS Word + OS 9 = :eek:
    I can't tell you what would happen if you loaded Jaguar with Word for OS 9, since I have neither Word or 10.2 right now. But I would recommend a clean install of the Hard Drive, not a simple upgrade, if you get Jaguar.

3. giovanni thread starter macrumors regular

thx ! and yes, sorry about the K's, makes me got back to the old days of the Mac 128k !!!
    Anyhow, I must think the memory dealer you recommend is trustworth it, but I cannot help but wonder ... their prices are quite amazing. We are talking half the price of most "common" places, like crucial or ramjet.