Titanium 800 with Photoshop 7 & Golive 6

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by doublewam, Jun 24, 2002.

1. macrumors newbie

I have one of the new 800Mhz Titaniums I need to sell (in mint condition). It is less than a month old and I'm throwing in both Adobe Photoshop 7 and Golive 6 (these are legal copies and included boxes, CDs, manuls etc.)

This whole package would cost over $4,000 today new, I am only asking $3,000.

If interested, please email me at gol1689@hotmail.com.

2. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Out of interest, why are you selling? :confused:

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I am moving into a new area of development and I require a Windows machine as what I need to do is only available on the Windows platform (I need to be able to run the ColdFusion MX development server on my local machine for development).

4. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Ouch! BIG mistake buying the Ti800 then, you can't have had it for long and now ur going to loose a grand.
    ...bad planning huh.

5. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Might help if you put in the amount of memory installed as well as the hard drive size... I have a TiBook 800 already with more then enough memory and storage, but I do know that people like to have those details before deciding.

6. macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Noooo, bad to lose Ti

Now thats just sad and depressing!

sorry to hear abou that, cant run the app in VP5.

It may be slower but its just typing isnt it?

I would buy it but i already have one.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

As far as the specs go, it is the standard configuration from Apple... (512MB RAM, 40 Gig HD, etc.)

8. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

damn...that sounds like a sweet deal w/the software...

I just cannot spend that much again this month...he he he ;)

9. macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

ohh

I wish I could afford it, surely with Cold Fusion you could use a cheap PC? for testing it is not *all* that processor intensive.

Go man! KEEP THE TIBOOK! It RocKs!

Ensign

10. macrumors regular

I too, am a coldfusion developer and was kind of bummed when I heard you couldn't run it locally. However, after doing some research I have ran across some articles saying that you can get it running.

While, I haven't done this yet (I am connecting to a test server remotely) as soon a O' reily puts out the other 2 articles explaining how to do this. I will probably start running this locally. You may want to hold off on selling for a bit.
    http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/javascript/2002/06/21/coldfusion_one.html?page=2
    http://www.corfield.org/blog/

11. macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

thx wahoo that was exactly what i was just trying to find for him. do not get rid of your powerbook for a simple reason like that. it seems that people are figuring a way to get coldfusion working. as it is apparently pure java, OS X will run it with enough tweaking.

if i were you i'd keep an eye on O'Reilly for the next couple of weeks before i did anything drastic.