Titanium G4 in Mr. Deeds

Discussion in 'Community' started by ShaolinMiddleFinger, Jul 1, 2002.

1. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I just saw Mr. Deeds and there's two Macs in there, one Titanium G4 and a old Powerbook G3. What I don't understand was that the Titanium G4's apple logo got totally taken off, (if you want to see a Titanium with no logo, it doesn't look right) but the G3 that was in it, still had the logo intact. What's the deal? Anyone know?

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

thats pretty cool and odd at the same time. i too am wondering what the deal with that is.

by the way ShaolinMiddleFinger is rocking username. just dont use it on me dude and everything will be okay. :D

3. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

Re: Titanium G4 in Mr. Deeds

there are several laptops out there now that look very similar to the PB G4... was the screen on when you saw it?

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he he....didn't I say this guy is goofy?! :D

5. job macrumors 68040

job

There was an old legacy iBook (Blue) in Drew Carey the other day, but they but a huge blue circle sticker over the Apple logo.

Makes the forums all the more fun! :D

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I watched Kate and Leopold last week and there were tons of Macs, even mention of a Mac Conference in NYC. But one of my favorite lines was from Meg Ryan trying to verify if Hugh Jackman was a mac hacker/head by asking - 'how much memory do i need to get for my G5 running OS9.6'

Very funny:D

7. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

And the correct answer would be... How did you get a G5??? :D

I'm always looking for Mac's in both tv shows and movies... I'm sure that most of you have seen the Mac's in the West Wing... One of the people there even has a TiBook (she is the one that was being stalked). They didn't cover the logo either (if I remember correctly).

There are more then a few shows that use Mac's, but not nearly enough of them do.

8. job macrumors 68040

job

I remember an X-Files episode (Season 7 I think) where a hacker used a Mac to access some classified documents and government agents (not Mulder and Scully) used Wintel laptops. Hmmm. Coincidence? I think not. Conspiracy?? Most certainly. :D

9. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

what guy is that response directed to?

dig it!

10. ShaolinMiddleFinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Re: Re: Titanium G4 in Mr. Deeds

It was definately a Titanium G4, I didn't see the screen but I saw the thickness of the screen and the black keys, the only thing it didn't have was a apple logo. Adam Sandler was using it to write IM's to one of his friends.... what's funny is that the dialogue box looked like OS7 days...