Titles in iMovie 5?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zim Bargo, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Zim Bargo macrumors member

Can anyone please tell me how to insert titles into iMovie...

I've checked the manual, I've had the blank clip with the titles working in preview having gone to the title toolbar, I've had titles previewed over existing clips, but I cannot get them to play back when I run the project!

The update button (under the preview button) which I'm assuming will assign the new title is constantly greyed-out and I can find no way of applying them

Anyone help?

2. cemorris macrumors regular

Not sitting in front of my Mac right now so here it is from memory. In the titles, if you have the check box for "over black" checked, then you need to drag the title into the timeline pane and it will create a new clip with the title on a black background. If you want to lay the title over the current clip, then uncheck the "over black" and do an "update". I believe the "update" is greyed out because you either have the "over black" checked or you have not selected a clip from the timeline pane.

Hope this helps.

3. Zim Bargo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that cemorris - rookie mistake. I had a black clip which I thought I was applying the title to. Hadn't thought to use it like transitions and drag the clip from the menu.

Now to figure out how to apply the title over an existing frame of movie (that one I haven't figured out yet. Back to the manual...)

Cheers

Zim

(People may slate this app, but I'm having a blast with it)

4. cemorris macrumors regular

To paste over an existing clip you do the same thing. Highlight the clip, add your title and set your prefs. Then drag it in front of the clip you have highlighted. I don't beleive it works if you have a transition in front of the clip. In that case, delete your transition first, then add your title clip, then re-add the transition.