Titling Software ASAP LiveType Sucks!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mymemory, Jun 27, 2005.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Hi, I need a software for subtitling and entire 60 minutes movies. I am using Live Type but is the worst software ever! I can not believe Apple released something so buggy and incomplete.

Please, I need help.

Thanx

I might try iMovie instead

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Final Cut Pro has some useful text tools. Plus if you are subtitling for DVD, you can always use DVD Studio Pro's built-in subtitler. I created subtitles for a 30 min production and the results were very professional.

3. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Speaking of Live Type, I know you can't get it as a standalone application, but is there something similar?

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I've used DVDSP's subtitler many times, and it makes REAL subtitles... turn them on, turn them off, choose a variety of languages... I'd go ahead and do that so it doesn't get rendered into the video itself. That is, if you have DVDSP. Otherwise... just use Boris titles within FCP.

5. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

I am in to FCP now but my client wanted to have everything in LiveType. I am going to tell him I'm sorry but if we have future projects LiveType is just not the software for that.

The problem In am facing now is that there is an Helvetica font that shows in Live Type but not in FCP!!!! and that is the one approved for the projects. At list his clients haven't see anything yet until Wendsday.

The big problem with LiveType is that I can not preview audio so... how in the hell am I going to sink? I have to render everything to have a real time preview, something that makes no sense because I can do real time with FCP ¿?