Tivo Desktop Not Installing...???!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rcm3, Apr 1, 2007.

1. rcm3 macrumors member

What am I doing wrong here?

-I download the program from tivo 1.9.3 or whatever it is.....

-Run the .dmg

-Go through the short installation which seems to complete without any problems.....

-Click finish....

-And NOTHING happens!

There is no new application. There is a new startup file, a new system preferences option, but no app!

Ideas?

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I didn't even know they had a Mac version, so i will download and try to install when I get home. I'll let you know how it goes.

If you can post a direct link to the file here, it would be helpful, otherwise I'll find it.

Brian

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The System Preferences pane essentially is the app...that's where you turn it on and off and tell it what to share. It's as simple as that.

4. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

How do you move videos to the mac from Tive?

I can't figure that out.

Brian

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

TiVo Desktop for Mac doesn't have that capability. The official TiVo solution is TiVoToGo, which comes bundled as a part of Toast 8. If you don't want to shell out for Toast 8 and can live with a less fancy method, there's TiVoDecode Manager.

6. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

You know, TIVO is really starting to p**s me off with this kind of junk. I mean seriously. If I pay for the service, I should be able to move my content to wherever I want it. If someone does something illegal with it, that's for them and the video cops to deal with.

Why in the world would I want to hav emy photos and music shared to my tivo?

I can just hook up my mac to my HDTV, or my projector, or my stereo, and do any of that straight from the computer.

UGGGGHHHHHHH!

7. rcm3 thread starter macrumors member

So in conclusion, the Tivo Desktop is only for sharing content on your Mac to your tivo..... I should have read more carefully and tivo shouldn't be so damn lame.