TIVO Home Media Option - iApps?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by WorldMage, Feb 8, 2003.

1. WorldMage macrumors newbie

Feb 8, 2003
    Hi all,

Just noticed this message on my TIVO about Home Media Option http://tivo.com/new. Let's you listen to MP3's view Photos from your Home computer on the TIVO. Also allows Web control of your TIVO and sending content between mutliple TIVO's in the house (better have 100mb). It's scheduled to be released in April (for PC), but the reason I'm posting here is one of the FAQ's:

I take it this is using Rendezvous. So I'm wondering if anyone has additional information - if PC support is due in April any ideas on when Mac Support will show up? How they will be integrated with iApps, etc? Any ideas on what 'exciting new services' means?
  2. dricci macrumors 6502a

Dec 15, 2001
    I'm guessing Mac support will show up as soon as Apple releases (public) versions of rendezvous-enabled iTunes and iPhoto. The Home Media Option will be a one-time $99 fee, and will also require a USB-Ethernet adapter to get the TiVo on the network. The Mac side does in fact use rendezvous, however the PC side is using a proprietary TiVo protocol to communicate with TiVo's PC software (I guess because Microsoft doesn't have any type of Zeroconf built into their system).