Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
Hello everyone,

I am posting because this past Christmas I purchased an 80 hour Tivo and I would like to know if there is a way to transfer my recorded television shows from my Tivo to my 15" 1.5 Ghz Powerbook... I noticed that there is a USB drive but I can't seem to find a USB cord that has the same heads on each end...hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

If anyone can help me out please leave a post...

Thanks alot

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
You can only transfer TiVo shows to Windows. TiVo seems to be working on a Mac program, but who knows when we'll see that. You need to use the USB port for a network card and add the TiVo to you home network.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
grapes911 said:
You need to use the USB port for a network card and add the TiVo to you home network.

I'm not sure exactlty what you mean. What I'm taking it that you're suggesting is to get a USB cord and plug it in from the back of the Tivo to my Airport Extreme.... If that's the case that's what I thought about doing but I can't seem to find a USB cord that has the typical USB ends for each end....all of the cords that I've encountered have had different size ends for each side

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
I believe he's talking about a wireless card that plugs into your USB port. Then your wireless network on a Windows computer would recognize it.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
No, you need a usb-ethernet adapter (wired or wireless). Then use ethernet to connect it to your router/hub (or wirelessly connect it).

But remember, it doesn't work with macs.

Edit: you got the better of me on this one :p

Edit2: Something like this or this. But there are only certain ones that work with TiVo. Check their site for compatibility.

Edit3: Here is there compatibility chart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.