TiVoDecode Manager 2.0!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lord patton, Jan 1, 2007.

1. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

TiVoDecode Manager 2.0 was released today, and has worked great for me, so far.

I successfully downloaded a thirty minute show, it converted it on the fly to an mpeg 4 file (640x480 by default, but can be customized), and automatically (via a radio button setting) imported the file into my iTunes library.

This is a good day.

2. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

So I read the main page of the link but i'm still a little confused on what exactly TiVo Decode Manager is exactly.

3. thebeephaha macrumors 6502

thebeephaha

"TiVoDecode Manager (TDM) is a free Applescript Studio interface (i.e. "wrapper") for the tivodecode program that automates the process of downloading of TiVo Series 2 files to your computer and decoding into MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 files. It is not for Series 1 (ever), DirecTiVos, or Series 3."

Seems pretty straightforward to me...

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

If you have a Series 2 Tivo, this lets you easily decrypt the .tivo files that you download from the Tivo box onto your Mac. It's - almost - as good as Tivo's official TivoToGo program, which is Windows-only.

Basically you can watch your Tivo shows on your Mac now. You couldn't do that before.

5. nelsonrh macrumors newbie

tivo download programs

I have tivo decode manager but i have a complaint...hopefully someone can help!!
    when i add shows to the que & then dowload & decode que my shows wont download right. they say they are downloading but it only last less than 5 min and is blank. when i download from the now playing & download & decode from there it works just fine!!
    its kinda frustrating b/c it means i can only do one at a time, whereas the other way they'd go on their own....
    does anyone have any advice or suggestions???

thanks
    heath

6. nelsonrh macrumors newbie

tivo download problems

I have tivo decode manager but i have a complaint...hopefully someone can help!!
    when i add shows to the que & then dowload & decode que my shows wont download right. they say they are downloading but it only last less than 5 min and is blank. when i download from the now playing & download & decode from there it works just fine!!
    its kinda frustrating b/c it means i can only do one at a time, whereas the other way they'd go on their own....
    does anyone have any advice or suggestions???

thanks
    heath

7. Phutchi macrumors member

I have this same issue since ver 2.1 was released and still have not found a solution. I have had to resolve myself to 1 show at a time. It seems the original creator stopped work on the project so i doubt a solution will be coming any time soon.

It looks like someone has taken the original TiVo Decode Manager and made some improvements. http://code.google.com/p/itivo/