Tivoli iPAL ~ or small Speakers - advice please

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by florencevassy, Aug 21, 2005.

1. florencevassy macrumors regular

florencevassy

I am thinking of buying the Tivoli iPal.

It is partly because someone gave me a gift certificate to redenvelope.com and I can't find anything else I like on that site (for a reasonable price).

Also I am looking for small speakers for my Powerbook and this might work...

It bothers me a little that it is only Mono althought I have heard they are pretty good anyway.

So can anyone give me their opinion on the iPal? Or do you recommend any other small speakers? They have to be small because I have very limited space on my desk. Thanks.

2. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

Unfortunately, I can't give you any information on the iPal, as I haven't heard it.
    My first recommendation would be to get the JBL On-Stage speakers; it has a fairly small footprint. I'm not sure how small your deskspace is, but I'm guessing it will be small enough. The sound from these speakers is very good and the portability is an added bonus.
    If you're limited to redenvelope, then you could try these Harman Kardon speakers. If you put the subwoofer on the floor, the footprint from the 2 side-speakers is pretty small as well.
    When I was shopping for my speakers, I read favorable things about these HKs.

Hope that helps - good luck!

3. florencevassy thread starter macrumors regular

florencevassy

4. gameon macrumors newbie

i have the iPal and it really sounds excellent, the quality is so good you don't notice it is in mono. but if you want stereo you should check out this:

Tivoli iSongBook

it is a new radio from tivoli with built in iPod dock and stereo speakers! no idea what is is like as have seen no reviews, but worth a look....

5. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I have a Tivoli Radio (The Sirius Satellite Model) and It sounds excellent. I plug my iPod into it via the Aux In. and it Sounds Great.

Go w/ the iPal.

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I absolutely love Tivoli Audio stuff and will be getting one of the stereo receivers for the kitchen sometime before Xmas along with some wireless bits and pieces for iTunes. :cool:

7. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Just read the press release for that product, and it said it won't be available until sometime late fall. But it does indeed look cool, and I agree that the quality is so good that you can't tell the difference.

8. gameon macrumors newbie

thanks, had not noticed that! and the quoted price is very high, but a powerbook is worth it :D

may also be worth considering the SongBook, a mono version of the iSongBook, like a flatter version of the iPal with digital tuner :confused:

9. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

The iPal is basically just a re-branded Pal radio, which is a variation on the Model One.

From what I've read the Model One, and the two chanel Model Two are very highly rated for their sound quality.

Check out http://www.tivoliaudio.com/home.php and have a look at their other stuff.

10. florencevassy thread starter macrumors regular

florencevassy

The Tivoli iSongBook looks great.
    Thanks for all your suggestions !