Tivoli Model 2 Stereo Radio [Poll]

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jesus, Feb 4, 2006.

What do you think if the Tivoli Model 2 Stereo Radio

1. Excellent

4 vote(s)
  2. Good

0 vote(s)
  3. Reasonable

0 vote(s)
  4. Average

0 vote(s)
  5. Bad

0 vote(s)
  1. Jesus macrumors 6502

It the Tivoli Model 2 Stereo Radio any good, can anyone comment on value, sound quality, etc. Any comments/votes from owners would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Tivoli radios are excellent on all aspects, except price. They are just too expensive, very, very gorgeous and good sound quality, but too expencive. At least for me who doesn't listen to radio, at all. For a radio listener, though, a Tivoli is a must... ;)
  3. digitalmatty macrumors newbie

Oct 31, 2005
    i have a model one and if the model 2 is at all similar in function/quality...do it. it's unreal.
  4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    The exact model that I'm planning to get for the kitchen and have me some wireless tunes streaming to it.

Lau won one in competition a few months ago, well not exactly the same model, but it was still a Tivoli.

Built to last for the rest of your life, unlike the countless number of cheap radios I've been through over the years.
  5. Jesus thread starter macrumors 6502

I already have a iPal from Tivoli, the same model as Lau's, but it's just that it is a larger purchase, and I can't really use a iPal as a computer speaker. I have found a Model 2 for £170. My other question is: Should I buy a Tivoli Sub to go with it?
  6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    Either go and demo one somewhere or get the sub after you've lived with the basic model for a few weeks. Depends on how loud you want to listen to it and what you're planning to listen to...
  7. Lau Guest

I did indeed win won of the little square ones and it's very good. It's suprisingly loud as well, so I would also advise waiting and seeing how loud it is before you buy extras.
  8. Jesus thread starter macrumors 6502