Tizen 3.0 Running On A GS4

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by PollyK, Sep 12, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Well I must say Tizen is coming along quite nicely. And looking flatter than ever. Unlike the other new OS's on the block, Tizen is able to run on high end hardware. I like the fact Samsung has delayed it's launch to get it competitive at launch.

Here Are some Screenshots

2. macrumors 6502a

chagla

looks interesting. i've seen another screenshot on S3. hope xda will find something soon.

3. macrumors 68000

Oohara

That looks nice but I really have no idea what it is I'm looking at :D

4. macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

This looks so much nicer than their Touchwiz skin for Android, why couldn't they make Touchwiz look like this?

5. macrumors member

DeathTheKid

I think dog crap looks better than Touchwiz, IMHO.

6. macrumors 68040

Samsung should let users dual boot between the two.

7. macrumors member

DeathTheKid

I don't think Tizen will be that successful in the US, considering that Android and IOS seem to squeeze every other mobile platform. However, I can see this being big in Asia--especially China. Considering Google Play is blocked in China. If Tizen has decent Baidu integration, then they will be a winner.

8. macrumors 603

Michael Goff

Samsung should make this TouchWiz.

9. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Doesn't Tizen support android apps. If so folks will likely only approach it as a different manufacturer launcher in same sense as Touchwiz now.

10. thread starter macrumors regular

Very early builds of Tizen have shown it to be an responsive OS. So far I like what I see. Samsung has also announced that some 2014 TVs will be running on Tizen. As well as some car infotainment units. So you can see where this is leading already. The ultimate ecosystem. This will be quite the task to tackle. I remember reading some developers describing it as an OS with the fluidity of Windows Phone, the touch responsiveness of iOS, and the flexibility of Android. If Samsung is able to pull this off, the market will be theirs for the picking.

11. macrumors 603

Michael Goff

I wonder if it would be possible to install this on an actual device. If so, how?

12. macrumors member

DeathTheKid

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize it ran Android apps. It's seems it can with a 3rd party emulator similar to BlueStacks.

Maybe, but they are creating their own native apps and appstore. IMHO, they are trying to make themselves distinct from Android.