TMNT: Arcade officially on its way to Live Arcade in March!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by zero2dash, Mar 6, 2007.

1. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Last week's rumor comes true! :D
    And it's only $5!! :eek:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/770/770555p1.html

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

That is probably some of the best news I have heard in a long time as far as Xbox live arcade games go. I just hope they don't ruin the game like they did with Contra. The NES Contra is quite possibly my favorite game of all time, my friend and I would play it all the time and still do, when we can get the NES to work. I was extremely pumped to hear it was coming to the xbox live arcade, but they completely changed the game and the controls.

I really hope they keep this game exactly as it was, while adding the voice and multiplayer online. And the price is great too.

4. pcypert macrumors 6502

I was a bit bummed with Contra too...I can still beat it in less than 15 minutes...depending on my playing partner most times less than 12 :) TMNT was a game I played a lot back in the day...I was a TMNT nut as a kid...still have my toys...even the VAN!

Paul

5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I already play this along with TMNT: Turtles in Time on my XBOX....

shhh its a secret.

6. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Clever cross-promotion for their new film. Looking forward to both! Cool.

7. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

This might just be the first XBLA game i buy...

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I worked for an arcade when this game was released. My manager put in enough credits that morning, so me and the other employees could beat it. I would buy this game in an instance if I had a 360. :)

<]=)

9. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I'm looking forward to making this purchase as well!

I know what you mean about Contra. I was all excited to play that online with a friend, until I realized how poor the game is compared to the arcade one. Just wasn't worth it.

10. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

All right! Now if they release Sonic I will be happy :D Paperboy is too addictive

11. zero2dash thread starter macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Yeah, I wonder where Sonic is? I haven't heard squat about Sonic in months. :confused:

Paperboy...bleh. I got the demo and was thoroughly disappointed. I used to love Paperboy on the NES...the 360 arcade one just seemed really screwed up to me for some reason. I had control problems (I have no idea why)...it seemed like a sloppy mess to me. :confused: Maybe I just couldn't get used to it or something.

12. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

Sweet, I'll be getting this one.

I saw a list somewhere once with titles that were supposed to be added... I'm hoping it was legit because my favorite game, Gyruss, was on that list. I can't wait.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It will be on the marketplace this Wednesday. Sweeeeet :D :D

14. foidulus macrumors 6502a

Wow, so you can play the game online

Makes me consider getting an xbox 360 over a wii.....

Wii virtual console games don't do online unfortunately. Although nobody I know has an xbox 360 so.....

15. pcypert macrumors 6502

But you don't have to have "Friend's Codes" on the 360...just search for other players. No need for friends to have it.

Paul

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

But just get yor friends round and they can all play on your 360 with you (but you'll need more controllers ;) )

17. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Can't wait for tomorrow. Now i just need live or more controlers lol.

18. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

19. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Downloaded this tonight and so did a friend of mine. We played through level 3 (via Xbox Live) and then ran out of lives and had to start over. I do not remember the original as well as other classic games I played back in the day, but this seems to be very similar...unlike Contra :(

$5 is definitely worth it for this game. I believe that is the same price for NES games on the VC and this was also an NES game, not just an arcade (if I recall correctly).

If you liked this game in 1989, you'll enjoy playing it again :)

20. pcypert macrumors 6502

I'm off to download now. Turtle Power!

Who else had the hots for April?

Paul

21. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I just downloaded and played through a couple levels with a friend. Glad to see they kept it exactly like the original. I haven't tried online but I'm sure it is easy and works great.

Definitely a must buy for any 360 owner.

22. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

The acheivements looks like they will take some skill, but not impossible. A lot of them only give you one chance to get it each time you play through (like "Don't get frozen", "Don't get burnt", etc).

I've manage two... the others are going to be awhile.

A definite contrast to Worms XBLA, I had all the acheivements in only a few sittings.

23. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

Purchased it yesterday and immediately fired it up. I got all the way through -- which was something I never did years ago in the arcade because I always ran out of quarters.

But really -- I don't remember it being THIS difficult. I just flew through lives. Lots of moments when 4+ enemies on the screen hitting me as soon as I'd get up from getting knocked down -- really wasn't anything I could do about that.

It's a decent port though. I met the requirements for the "don't let the Shredder turn you into a turtle" achievement, but for whatever reason, it didn't grant it to me.

24. Skrilla™ macrumors regular

I need to renew my membership and get this TODAY! :D

I loved that game, now the first TMNT for NES, that is a different story!!!!!!!!!

25. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I'm downloading it right now.

The original NES version had its own charm to it. I enjoyed playing through it back then but it doesn't have the same replay value to it as the arcade does.