TNT UK Delivery.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by spb, Aug 31, 2005.

1. spb macrumors member

spb

hi i'm just asking to know what the TNT delivery is like in the UK. i have bought a U2 ipod off the UK apple site and got a e-mail yesterday (30th august) saying it has been dispacted. i have got a delivery number so i can track but it currently not work on the TNT site so i'm not expecting it yet, but on the e-mail it says 1-2 working days. i'm a bit confused :confused:

thanks for your help.

2. willyhunt macrumors member

willyhunt

Hi, I ordered a Mini last week (Friday) and had shipping confirmation on the saturday. But as yet I still have not recieved anything and like you I am unable to track the item on either the Apple site or tnt. Have you tried www.apecode.com that sometimes works. Anyway if does not arrive today I will be calling Apple.

3. spb thread starter macrumors member

spb

hmm that site doesnt work, anyway my mate orderd a mini and his took about a week to arrive.

4. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Had better luck with TNT (for a mini) than with lynx, another company that they use. Lynx couldn't find the house (their words) and the had the nerve to write card left on their tracking page. Citilink were just as bad when trying to deliver something they wrote that a card had been left twice but on both occasions there was no proof that thye had visited. To make matters worse as soon as i got wind of this i got in touch but they still sent the thing back to the company i had ordered from who then charged me for additional delivery attempts. When i spoke with citilink they said that it was their policy not to leave cards at communal post boxes - well if that is the case they should write as much on their tracking site!! All seem to be as bad as each other and yet they keep on raking in the money. Gits!

5. willyhunt macrumors member

willyhunt

Well it turned up this afternoon which is cool. It came via Lynx so maybe thats why you can't track the delivery of your iPod.

6. spb thread starter macrumors member

spb

hey nice one! so your came whithin 3 working days right? maybe mine will come tomorrow...

7. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i have to say, i havent experienced any of these problems with TNT. i have used the order reference number to track both my brenthaven case (now with me) and my powerbook (arriving tomorrow) and it has told me exactly where it is and the current status of the order.

if it says 'please call' under status, then do so, it will save you time and worry later....i did that this morning and the woman on the end of the line was able to tell me that i would be recieving the powerbook tomorrow morning.

again, i have ordered countess times from apple.com/uk and have never had problems

tastic

8. spb thread starter macrumors member

spb

i just went on the lynx site and put in my order number for proof of delivery, says it was collected 30th. so it should get deliverd soon

9. willyhunt macrumors member

willyhunt

Yeah not too bad (pretty impressive actually). 3 working days is good considering my first Mini took 6 weeks to be delivered. HAHA those where the days (I ordered pretty much as soon as it was announced at MWSF I believe). Anyway good luck with the iPod.

10. ppnkg macrumors 6502a

ppnkg

The tracking thing on the TNT.uk site does not work. Try using the engine on the tnt.com site (tnt express). They're ok. Apple's fast delivery is actually a 3-day delivery, so don't get too anxious... I spent 2 days on the TNT site waiting for my iMac a couple of weeks ago. ..

11. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

If you phone Apple UK they will actually advise you to use TNT Ireland to track parcels. I can't remember the exact www but if you google it it comes up and is easy to find.

12. nat3503 macrumors newbie

I've been using the Apecode website to track my iBook (BTO), iPod and iSight (I live in the UK btw...) and yesterday it updated with:

31 aug 05 90 75 truck arrived at final destination Apple, Shanghai 31 aug 05

Now I'm able to track it through TNT Ireland, and it says:
    Consignment 692224***
    Pick up date 01 Sep 2005
    Destination Upminster

So by Pick up date... is that when they received it? Or when I will receive it? I'm confused!

On Apecode it says my ETA is 2nd September, which it has said since the product was shipped (I ordered everything on Monday 22nd August and it shipped that Thursday), but now the 5th September is also appearing as an ETA:
    31 aug 05 90 75 truck arrived at final destination CNSHA50 05 sep 05
    26 aug 05 30 61 Consignment Booking received from supplier CNSHA50 02 sep 05

Sorry if that sounds confusing, but considering on Monday it will be 2 weeks since I ordered the products, which ETA should I be looking at? I need to make alternative arrangements for things I was going to do on Monday, which isn't a problem, but since the ETA has always said 2nd September I presumed I'd be getting it tomorrow.
    *Throws a strop* I want my iBook! :D :p

13. spb thread starter macrumors member

spb

whoo! my U2 ipod just arrived :D so yeh looks like its 3 working days for it to arrive.

14. Euan macrumors regular

Yep, when I used apple.com to order my iPod they used TNT and by using the TNT Express Delivery factility on their site I was able to track my parcel very well. An excellent system IMO and from my experience so far.