To All those Planning on going to an apple store on the tiger release

Discussion in 'Community' started by lordmac, Apr 20, 2005.

1. lordmac macrumors regular

So I was just reading PlaceofDis's (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120225) thread which proposed a meeting for Macrumors member in the chicago area. Well this inspired this idea in my head what if all the members who plan to go to the tiger release at there local apple stores, were something that would make them recognizable as a macrumors member. Like a Shirt that says Macrumors or something. I just thought this might be kind of cool as then we could see who else at the apple store is a member as we wait in ungodly lines to get tiger. :) So what do you guys think of this idea? :)

P.S I wonder what apple store in the Northern Virginia are is going to be the best one to go to for this event.

2. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

yeah, I was thinking the other day that it would be cool to for us to wear an official "MacRumors" t-shirt for the Tiger Release.

Great idea Lordmac. Now how would we execute this idea? :confused:

PS: Connecticut people are you going to the Apple Store at the WestFarm or the Danbury Mall?

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

too bad MR doesnt have a novelty shop for things like hats, pins, and tshirts otherwise it would be that simple! :D

it would be cool if we had a site store like that, any ideas mods when the donations are coming back up btw? i have some money waiting for you guys

4. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Ill be at the Aventura FL Apple store for it. Hope to win a door prize or something. Whats the best time to show up for it?? Before 6, at 6 or just after??

5. lordmac thread starter macrumors regular

Ya that would be cool but i figure to get something by release time were just gona have to pull up our sleeves and get a bit creative with an old t shirt and what ever. :) But maybe a Macrumors store can be started in the future, the profits could go to server cost etc, Arn you listening. ;)

6. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I think MacRumors stickers and t-shirts are in the works. link

7. MarksEvilTwin macrumors regular

8. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I was GOING to go to the Tiger release at the Apple Store here in Charlotte, but I have a date (!) and we're going to dinner and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that evening... gotta have priorities, ya know. :)

10. lordmac thread starter macrumors regular

Pfffffft, that no excuse, this is tiger we are talking about lol jk. Just makd going to the apple store part of your date it'll be soo romatic ;).

11. lordmac thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm, interesting I wonder how much progress they have made with it. I hope it doesn't take too long. :) I think that they could actually make quite a bit off of it if they get it done as it seems most people are into the idea. :)

12. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I think if we did that, it would be our last date. ;)

13. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

well if anyone is going to be in the Gaithersburg, MD area, my store (absolute mac) is having a party, and we're giving away free food/beer. So you guys are more than welcome to show up.

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Are you saying that you significant other isn't as much of a Mac fan like the rest of us? Ask her, you might be surprised. Luckily my wife enjoys this type of thing as much as me. Hopefully individually MacRumor members will be able to meet informally, that is my plan.

15. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

My significant other is coming with me, hope to win a prize or something if not, I already have her ready to buy a Powerbook once she finds a job after graduation. She wasn't to up to it when i spent the money on my G5 but now that shes used it and had so many problems with her PC she wants to trash it. Shes even ready to shell out some money to buy one of the G4 400mHz from the Graphic Design department at our school just to switch. Just so she can get away from windows.

16. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Well I live in Los Angeles and I can't decide whether to go to the one at the Grove mall or in Santa Monica... which probably has the least amount of people going? Anyone here on MacRumors going to one of them? :confused:

17. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I've been to events at both. The Grove had longer lines for Panther night than the Santa Monica store did for its grand opening, but of course those were different events on different nights. However, I'd still expect a longer line at the Grove. You'll be able to get into whichever store you choose, and you'll have to wait a bit either way. And while you are waiting you get to talk to other Macintosh fan(atic)s, and waiting with like-minded people can be fun.

18. ShiggyMiyamoto macrumors 6502a

ShiggyMiyamoto

I'll be at the Danbury store. If I can get some iron-on T-Shirt transfers I'll make a shirt with my name on it as well as the MR logo or something... If I can't go that far then I'll just give you an idea of what I'll be wearing. And yeah. Great idea LordMac. That's almost like proposing an MR convention or something. lol

19. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

If people tell when the best time to show up is....then that won't be the best time to show up because everyone will be showing up then. ;)

20. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Thanks, I think I'll end up going to the one in Santa Monica, shorter lines are always good!
    :)

21. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

There were MacRumors logo'd items in the past (hat, tshirt, clock, mugs)... but they are not presently active for sale.

arn

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Any thoughts of returning the logo items or at least allowing us to contribute to this awesome forum? A home away from home. Do you plan to attend the festivities arn? ;)

23. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

you could have a signal color shirt or something :confused:

24. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Bah.
    Wouldn't it be better if we ALL just showed up? ALL of us?

25. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Arlington since that is 5 mins from my house :p