to all you nano skeptics

Discussion in 'iPod' started by AmericanIdiot12, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Who thought it wasn't going to sell?

Everyone was drooling over this as soon as they showed it. :confused:

2. robcts macrumors regular

Exactly :confused:

3. AmericanIdiot12 thread starter macrumors regular

i read a lot of people saying that apple shoul have left the mini and that this thing wouldnt sell

4. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

well, yes, but every time it happens, it proves Apple's dominance of a style-driven market. Basically, there are a lot of people (and companies) waiting for Apple to release a product that fizzles, so it's a rah-rah moment when we find out they're selling out.

6. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

There are no nano skeptics. There can't be any. Their mouths are too full after eating crow over the mini. :D

7. quagmire101 macrumors newbie

so i ordered mine on the 30th and now its the 6th and my damn case is already here came today and the nano doesnt ship till the 17th.. pissed off right now uggg what can you do..

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And the orginal iPod.

9. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

that's because of the psychological phoenomena known as priming.

and not to mention i doubt you gagued that statement from a representative sample.

10. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

Looks like they gonna keep waiting. As soon as I saw the Nano I knew I had to have one.
    ;)

11. AmericanIdiot12 thread starter macrumors regular

nope it was from a random sample

12. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

Yeah, I'd believe it. I was in Best Buy today and this guy came over...looked at the black nano for less than two seconds, and asked, "Do you have any?" And the salesperson was like no, but will have "10!" (making it sound like it was a 100 or so) in like a week. Even with an iPod mini seriously, that thing is tempting to buy. The size is truly unbelievable when you see it in person and not just pictures of it.

13. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Was anyone seriously claiming that it wouldn't sell? There were lots of comments that it's a step down from the mini in some ways, but that's not the same thing.

14. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

I don't think most doubted they would sell, but many thought it wouldn't be as popular as the mini.

15. AmericanIdiot12 thread starter macrumors regular

yah thats what i meant

16. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Well, the European launch date was delayed for the mini due to demand being too high in North America. They decided to put back releasing it here and divert all stocks to where it had already been launched and was in high demand. Since then they have been releasing hte iPod upgrades worldwide on the same day, so stocks have sometimes been lower everywhere. If they had only concentrated on North America for now and manufactured the same numbers, there would have been less of a problem, but they would have also run the risk of losing ground in the crucial run up to Christmas in Europe.

17. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I agree, I thought the prices would put many off. Same price here for a 4GB mini or 2GB nano. Let's face it, they could have released a 512MB nano for $199 dollars, (£139 in the UK), and many would have still snapped it up, not as many as the current nanos, but they would have still sold them.

18. danny_w macrumors 601

I never doubted that the nano would sell, I just think that Apple should have also kept the mini around until there was a "real" replacement for it. I was all ready to buy a mini when the nano came out. I bought a black 4GB nano a few days ago at the store, but haven't opened it yet due to lack of a case and the fact that I really wanted a white one at the time but the didn't have one (I know, most people seem to prefer the black). I may still take it back and get a white one or else get a mini if I can find one.