to be killed by a flyingturd...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Don't panic, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

Is there a worse way to die?

Ok, admittedly it didn't happen in this specific case

but it was a close call!

I always thought something like this would be the absolute worst way to go, and an en passant proof that maybe the gods above do exist after all, but they clearly hate us.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I always thought the worst way to die was to die while sitting on a toilet with your pants down. :)

That, or if you were overweight and died eating a ham sandwich....

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I know there's a funny way to inject something about the "S**t happens" expression here, but I'm too brain-dead to do so right now.

I think that getting killed instantly by a falling ball of frozen excrement would be, well, bad, but not as bad as, say, being eaten by sharks.

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

Not that this one involved anyone dying, but recently in Chicago a Dave Matthews Band tour bus "accidentally" unloaded several hundred gallons of waste water while driving on a steel grate bridge over the Chicago river.

Now, waste in the Chicago river is really nothing new, but combine the excrement ejection with an open-roof tour boat going underneath the bridge at the same time, and now you have something interesting...

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You have a link for this? Damn, that would be nasty.....

In the iceball story, the description at the end says it all :D

D

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

Here is one of many:

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_237190538.html

Words you don't really want to see in print:

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

1. I don't like the word 'turd'. ever. You might as well buy the trailor and pink plastic lawn flamingoes now, if it's part of your vocabulary... but i digress :)

2. You'd think they'd figure something better out for disposing of airplane waste. This has never made sense to me.

3. Dave Matthews is facing civil and potentially criminal charges for the incident, which he was not even present for. Sure, it was *his* feces spread over 100 people, but that's enough to be arrested for now?! Bah, i hope the whole thing goes away, the bus driver deserves to be punished-- not matthews.

paul

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I saw that story on our local news last week. That definitely tops the list of something nasty. With the block of ice the person would never know what hit them.

9. emw macrumors G4

emw

Yes, but as usual, it's go after the largest target (in terms of pocketbook). I'm pretty sure Dave didn't do out and tell his bus driver to discharge sewage into the river - he probably had other things on his mind...

There was also talk that it was an accident. Hmmm. Just happened to push the "empty waste tank" button as I was driving on a steel grate bridge over a river? A little coincidental, I'd say.

10. jonnyblobby macrumors member

jonnyblobby

Worst ways to die

From the film 'Lock Stock and two smoking barrels'

"He was beaten to death with a 12 inch black rubber cock"

11. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Or how about from Top Secret! (1984):

"Evidently your friend did not realize that here in East Germany we use 220 volt current. He was found in his hotel room impaled upon a large electrical device. Our surgeons did what they could, but it took them two hours just to get the smile off his face."

If you've seen this classic movie, you'll get it... :D :D

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Black...white.....its weird either way.

There was a person in the neighbourhood beside me who had waste accidentally dropped onto the roof of his house, and it put a big hole in it. Disgusting. They left and stayed at a hotel for 2 weeks and told the airline to clean it up. :D

13. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

Killed WHILE Dropping a T**d

Sorry - no link for this as it happened about 25 years ago.

I was a supervisor with an armed guard firm in Long Beach, CA. Two of our guards had been posted to a brand new Bank of America branch to watch over the bank's gala grand opening celebration.

One of our guards went into the Men's Room and proceeded to "practice" his quick draw technique in front of the mirror.

Unfortunately, his technique was a bit unrefined and he accidently discharged his weapon, firing the bullet through the wall of the bathroom and within inches of a women sitting on a toilet in the Women's.

Apparently, she had just reached for her purse - had she been sitting upright she's have been shot where she ****.

14. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

That's almost too far-fetched to believe.....but knowing people....

I assume he was fired and relieved of his weapon

15. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Please tell me he got fired and charged for this... :eek:

16. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

He was not only fired, but discharging a weapon in a bank building is a violation of federal law and the poor guy was turned over to the FBI. That was back in 1974 or '75 - can you imagine the mess he'd be in these days?

17. CMillerERAU macrumors regular

Unless Australians aren't quite as tight on the enviroment as the US is on these things (highly doubtful) this had to be an accident. US carriers, unless in an emergency, can't dump the lavatories in flight. I worked on a carrier's ramp for a few weeks over the summer and I can assure you, we unloaded EVERY plane. :p

18. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Ok... wondered what the heck everyone was talking about this morning... I thought it said "flyingbird".

Seemed strange. :confused:

19. takao macrumors 68040

takao

haha i read about that in the newspaper .... i was very amused...

no it's not allowed ...

PS: no kangaroos in Graz ;) SCNR

20. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Yall would love the Darwin Awards. Im sure youve heard of them, if not darwinawards.com

My favorite was the guy who was buried in massive pile of elephant u know what and died, that was the worst way to go.

21. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Um, you do realise that Austria and Australia are different countries, right? :rolleyes:

22. CMillerERAU macrumors regular

Doh! That's what you get for breezing through the article.

23. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I hope that you aren't saying that he was buried alive. There isn't a much worse way to die than suffocation. :( :eek:

24. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

I'd hate to be killed by anything related to a Windoze computer. Say, a giant robot is infected with the latest virus and steps on me...that would suck...

25. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

bbaaaaahhhaaaahhaaaa!! :D :D LOL

that's a pretty awesome story. funny stuff. i only wish it would have fallen out of the sky and hit a cat.[​IMG]

funny, i thought it said Australia as well, had to re-read it. what's going on? :confused: although i did think something was up when i didn't recognize Graz and Vienna. :p