To buy or not to buy... (MacBook Pro)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacNub, Jun 4, 2006.

1. MacNub macrumors newbie

To buy or not to buy - that is the question.
    I want to buy a MacBook Pro. I'm from Europe but will be in the US till mid-August. MacBook Pros are about 20% cheaper in the US so I'd like to buy it here. But August might be a bad time to buy a MacBook Pro. So what would you do, buy the MacBook Pro in August or wait until the next revision? I don't nessesarily need the MacBook Pro for summer. So actually I could wait until fall - but that would mean I have to buy it in Europe (if there will be any revision till fall). And I also want to buy an iPod. I read that there will be a bump soon?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

You didn't need to make two threads for this. You should've made one and it's pretty much guaranteed that you would get an answer.

Personally, I would wait until the next revision since it's going to have some of the problems fixed, but it all depends on your timing.

3. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

4. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

If you don't need it, wait for the next revision. I can't wait, so I'm buying tomorrow :)

5. MacNub thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Yea, I guess I will wait then.
    But I will buy an iPod in the US (I hope there will be a new revision this summer).
    And sorry for that douple thread. Could someone delete this thread please?

6. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

There's no expected new ipod this summer. We might see one- but I wouldn't count on it.

7. baker101 macrumors newbie

i bought a macbook pro 2 days ago and its awesome. its like its mesmerizing me.

i am a user coming from win XP and working on software development. realizing that certain things are much easier in a unix environment, i trid linux. well linux was getting to time cunsuming looking for all the right drivers, packages, configurations etc..,to get everything up and running so i decided to try my first mac. so far, its an awesome machine and well worth the 2.5k i spent.

8. Jamesw macrumors member

Should I wait for the revision so I can purchase the one right now for a cheaper price? In Toronto Ont. right now it is base price $2199 + upgrade/applecare + 15% tax. Not sure if i should wait, I am getting quite impatient.

9. MacNub thread starter macrumors newbie

Hm, I read about the Back-To-School Promotion today. I think I will get a MBP this August. I would save about 30% - that's much money for a student :).
    Maybe there is another bump on MBPs till August, or maybe even a new revision (I mean, there is a small chance...hope dies last) ;).
    Damn, it would really suck if they release a new revision in September - maybe I should get one of these VAIO notebooks instead a MBP ;)