To buy or not to buy... (MacBook Pro)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacNub, Jun 4, 2006.

  1. MacNub macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2006
    #1
    To buy or not to buy - that is the question.
    I want to buy a MacBook Pro. I'm from Europe but will be in the US till mid-August. MacBook Pros are about 20% cheaper in the US so I'd like to buy it here. But August might be a bad time to buy a MacBook Pro. So what would you do, buy the MacBook Pro in August or wait until the next revision? I don't nessesarily need the MacBook Pro for summer. So actually I could wait until fall - but that would mean I have to buy it in Europe (if there will be any revision till fall). And I also want to buy an iPod. I read that there will be a bump soon?
     
  2. Warbrain macrumors 603

    Warbrain

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2004
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    #2
    You didn't need to make two threads for this. You should've made one and it's pretty much guaranteed that you would get an answer.

    Personally, I would wait until the next revision since it's going to have some of the problems fixed, but it all depends on your timing.
     
  3. macg4 macrumors 6502a

    macg4

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2003
    Location:
    Des Moines,Iowa
  4. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

    celebrian23

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2006
    Location:
    Under the sun
    #4
    If you don't need it, wait for the next revision. I can't wait, so I'm buying tomorrow :)
     
  5. MacNub thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2006
    #5
    Thanks. Yea, I guess I will wait then.
    But I will buy an iPod in the US (I hope there will be a new revision this summer).
    And sorry for that douple thread. Could someone delete this thread please?
     
  6. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

    celebrian23

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2006
    Location:
    Under the sun
    #6
    There's no expected new ipod this summer. We might see one- but I wouldn't count on it.
     
  7. baker101 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    #7
    i bought a macbook pro 2 days ago and its awesome. its like its mesmerizing me.

    i am a user coming from win XP and working on software development. realizing that certain things are much easier in a unix environment, i trid linux. well linux was getting to time cunsuming looking for all the right drivers, packages, configurations etc..,to get everything up and running so i decided to try my first mac. so far, its an awesome machine and well worth the 2.5k i spent.
     
  8. Jamesw macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2006
    #8
    Should I wait for the revision so I can purchase the one right now for a cheaper price? In Toronto Ont. right now it is base price $2199 + upgrade/applecare + 15% tax. Not sure if i should wait, I am getting quite impatient.
     
  9. MacNub thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2006
    #9
    Hm, I read about the Back-To-School Promotion today. I think I will get a MBP this August. I would save about 30% - that's much money for a student :).
    Maybe there is another bump on MBPs till August, or maybe even a new revision (I mean, there is a small chance...hope dies last) ;).
    Damn, it would really suck if they release a new revision in September - maybe I should get one of these VAIO notebooks instead a MBP ;)
     

Share This Page