To buy or not To Buy. That is the Question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Moxiemike, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Ok, Here's the dilly.

A buddy of mine had to design a poster for one of his classes at school. he got me to design the poster, so we'd have a slam dunk victory and win $500.

The deal was this: I'd surrender to him my 5gb iPod and purchase a 10gb one. Well, we won, and just got paid. I am wondering, and I know the rule-- I SHOULD WAIT-- but still, wondering.... any ideas what will happen to the iPod??

I know that $100 off rebate is over... maybe a price drop?? That would be hot hot hot.

Anyopions? I'm just looking for opinions, for to make my decision seem more solid, thought out.

TY!

m

2. job macrumors 68040

job

I'd wait until after the expo, but I don't really think that any new upgrades (software/hardware) are going to be present at the expo. Just wait about 9 more days. :D

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I can't see the iPod getting any update, so on that front I think you'd be safe, but, it is allways possible there could be a price drop.
    With MWNY so close you may as well just wait it out, what have you got to loose, you'd kill urself if the price came down just after you had bought it.

So my advice...wait! :D

4. Moxiemike thread starter macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Basically, I'd lose ten days without a gajillion songs at my listening disposal. :)

Yea. But i think i'll wait. anyone else???

5. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

whether tis nobler in mind to buy a mac, or deal with this PC for just a while longer.