To buy or to wait ?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by AJ/Apple, Jul 1, 2011.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    #1
    Hi guys
    i just had my 5th gen Ipod died last week
    and i just cant handle not having one
    i want to buy the current 6th gen { if u think about the update its 7th gen }
    but now will there be an update on sep/2011 , or will they " Dis-cont " the product !!!!
    i hope they dont but i dont want to wait and they do !!!
    so what do u recommend guys ??
    thx alot
     
  2. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2010
    #2
    There's no reason why Apple won't update their iPod line this year, its definitely worth to wait.
     
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    #3
    I didnt say that they wont update the entire ipod line
    Its just that i keep hearing that they might discontinue the ipod classic
    Which is why i am askin , because i dont want a nano or shuffle i just want the classic , but i dont want to wait and they discontinue them and i get stuck !!!
    How strong are those rumors ?
     
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    #4
    any1 one else ?
     
  5. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2011
    #5
    Just wait till sept. If they don't update the ipod classic then go purchase one right after the event. Problem solved.
     
  6. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2011
    #6
    Waiting is definetly the way to go, not will you most likely get a new device but the new features will help.
     
  7. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2011
    #7
    Of course you should wait, wait you can spend less money to get it.
     
  8. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2010
    #8
    Discontinuing the line doesn't mean that they will all magically vanish off the shelves. If anything, they may lower the price to get rid of the remaining stock, but they'll still be available for purchase.
     
  9. Contributor

    Scepticalscribe

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location:
    Kite flying
    #9
    I think the old adage "buy if you need, wait if you want" might apply here. Yes, others have advised that you wait and it is true that all of the old classics will not disappear overnight should Apple decide to discontinue the model. However, if you feel you cannot live without access to your music, buy now.

    Personally, if and iPod died on me (and they have done so) I would replace them immediately, irrespective of whether an update or refresh is due shortly. Then, I like the idea of being able to have access to my music.

    Cheers
     
  10. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    #10
    If you need it buy now. If you wait, you face uncertainty as to whether the new product will be better for your needs. Who knows if there will be a new model, or if the new version will have a better mix of features, prices, and size?
     
  11. macrumors 603

    mrkramer

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Location:
    Somewhere
    #11
    The classic probably won't have too much in the way of an update, at most it may have a capacity bump so I'd buy it now.
     
  12. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2011
    Location:
    Toronto
    #12
    I bought mine last week and have been enjoying it, but I'll be kinda peeved if I found out that there is an update; especially if it's an increase in capacity.
     

Share This Page