to contact lens/laser surgery people!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've finally realised today that when I wear my contact lenses I'm more energetic, I lose some inhibitions but I lose concentration. And It's only when I'm not wearing my specs!

Anyone else similar? Or do I sit alone in my semi-drunken-caused-only-by-optics state?

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

You've experienced the sensation of no-occulus neederus energitus. No glasses needed spontaneous energy. It happens to all of us. I actually see better with my contacts in, everything looks normal sized. When I wear my glasses, things appear much more smaller. :cool:

There's the temptation to roll down the window of your car though. I advise against doing this, as it leads to contactus tearus.

3. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

I have noticed I get more flirtatious with women when I don't wear my glasses. Unfortunately they are never good looking (no contacts)

It's lucky really as I'm married.... Yes dear, Im just checking my bank account!

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

The difference would've been years ago for me. I'm 19 and I've had my contacts since I was 16 and I can't live without them. I don't even take them out anymore. I hate wearing glasses and will avoid doing so at all costs.

5. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

I do. And, not to brag or anything, but have yet to have gotten conjunctivitus because of them. The last time I had pink eye was when I was four, or five. :D So...14 years without pink eye! :D

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

lol... how fast can you 'apple-tab'?

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

yeah, I'm also a lot more carefree when I don't have my glasses on. I don't have to worry about them falling off or breaking.

but with contacts in, I have to worry about getting dust in my eye. It hurts so much more with contacts than glasses!

8. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I use soft (disposable?) lenses so they're very good with dust. I mean it hurts but doesn't make me dance around and scream and shout like the time I accidentally got the cleaning acid in my eyes... eep!

About the concentration thing; I can never write essays or do any university work with my contacts in. BUT I'm more conscious about pain when contacts are in too, despite a greater urge to go out and do things.

funny how a bit of plastic in your eye can do this to people.