To Do app that Syncs with iCal To Do's

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod touch Apps' started by ijet, Jul 10, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if any of the new apps solve this dreadful shortcoming of the iPhone? Still can't believe the feature did not make the cut in 2.0.

2. macrumors 65816

Decrepit

I am looking for this application as well. It's kind of shocking that it wasn't on the original firmware, let alone 2.0.

3. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Personally, I find the To Dos severely lacking in iCal. I would love to find a program that allows repeating To Dos. Out of the ones I've seen in the application store, To Do by Appigo seems to be pretty good.

4. macrumors member

Cultured Code has released an iPhone version of Things. The desktop version syncs with iCal. If you read the FAQ they're working on iPhone Things syncing properly with desktop Things, which means it will sync with iCal.

Link to culturedcode site.

-bh

5. macrumors member

I want to do that syncs with outlook. And notes syncing too.

Why can calendar and contacts sync, but notes doesn't? And why didn't they make a tasks app? It'd be super easy and very useful.

6. macrumors 6502a

Things looks good but is yet another GTD-based to do system. I'm looking for something that syncs with iCal and Mail but isn't GTD.

7. macrumors regular

Same here. I just want to sync my To Dos, is that too much to ask? :(

8. macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Things does sync with ical as does EasyTask, but neither will sync with ical's To Do list.

9. macrumors newbie

Appigo ToDo

Appigo's ToDo is a task manager for the iPhone and iPad that is excellent. It will sync with online services like Remember the Milk and Toodledo. It can also sync with iCal's To-Do's via a helper application called Appigo Sync.

I use this in conjunction with iGeeTaskForiCal to sync with Google Tasks.