to do items on ipod?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by theipodgod16, Dec 15, 2003.

1. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

how to i sync ical-created to do items to my ipod. (Such as a christmast list) Where on the ipod can i view it?

10gb 2nd gen ipod. Ver. 1.3

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

you can make a vcard and put text on it! You can make it in word or whatever you use and with a program you can make a vcard from it. You can also use that program to cut a long word document in multiple vcards. Don't know what the program is called, thrown it away , didn't used it. But search download.com for ipod, it's somewhere in the searchresults there. Anyway, put the vcard in your addresses map and your ipod see's it as an address and you got your (shopping) list!

BTW, let me know how the program is called, I could begin to use it, my christmas list is kinda long...

3. theipodgod16 thread starter macrumors 6502

HMM...

well it seems to be more effort than the solution that i found out now... which is to just make them an all day event. Like in ical, my christmas lists are all listed under the 25th. I was hoping that apple didnt screw us again, by not letting old ipods view to do notes, like the new ones can. i guess i was wrong.

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I looked the program up and DL it. it is called podtext and works very easy! Just copy your text into the program and push a button (send to ipod) and it automatically makes a vcard from the text and saves it on your ipod. It's worth a try!