To Do

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lexus, Dec 9, 2006.

1. lexus macrumors 68000

Mar 26, 2006
    Depends Greatly On The Weather
    I need some way to manage my to do lists and at the moment they are on bits of paper everywhere so if any one has any suggestions please help.

Thanks alot
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
  3. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

Mar 26, 2006
    Depends Greatly On The Weather
    I kind of need reminders.
  4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
  5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

Jan 25, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    Well, I use a combination of four things:

First, I tend to store my long term ToDos in iCal, these are things like my resolutions for the year, or DVDs and books I might want to buy. I also put important date specific todos in iCal.

Then I use the iCal Event widget to make sure those are quickly accessible, I also have iCal load up on startup.

In addition, I use the dashboard stickies for mental reminders on general todos that I need to do daily, things like exercise, study for a certain class, exam dates.

Then I also have a paper list, for groceries I need and the stuff that I need to do in the next day or two.

Hope that is at least somewhat helpful.
  6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    Have you given iCal a go? That'll bring up reminders for you and it has To Do lists...

EDIT: It seems to be a popular recommendation... ;)
  7. psychofreak Retired

May 16, 2006
    iProcrastinate was created by a member here (I can't remember which). It seems like its exactly what you're looking for.
  8. Lau Guest

I've just started a job in which I use a PC all day, and apart from the fact it makes me want to claw my eyes out repeatedly throughout the day, I must say that Outlook is rather good for this sort of thing. It is inferior to for managing email, and it isn't as good as iCal, and so on, but the intergration between the equivalent of Mail, iCal, Stickies and a tickable tasks "to do" list, all viewable on a title screen is helpful.

As for what's available on a Mac, I did come across Inbox, and posted a thread about it here, and thought it looked interesting, but I haven't looked at it for ages.
  9. Sesshi macrumors G3

Jun 3, 2006
    One Nation Under Gordon
    If it's just a straight replacement / consolidation for paper, perhaps Sidenote will help.