Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Why don't you try opening them to see what they do?

Stickies...virtual Post-Its that you can put around your Desktop.

Image Capture...software for interfacing between your computer and a digital camera or scanner. You can do a lot with just this simple program that avoids clunky software from the camera/scanner manufacturer.

iSync...allows you to synchronize information between your computer and PDAs, cell phones, etc.

Quicken...a money managing program. Create a digital checkbook to monitor your finances.

Sherlock...a sort-of search engine with channels, so you can search airline flights, or eBay, or movie listings. Not really all that useful now that Google owns the universe, but it has some nice features.

Zinio...instead of buying magazines by mail or at the newsstand, you can have them delivered in digital format. Zinio offers software that allows you to read these digital magazines.

The only way to know if you should keep them or not is for you to try them out and see if they're interesting and/or useful to you.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
WildCowboy said:
Image Capture...software for interfacing between your computer and a digital camera or scanner. You can do a lot with just this simple program that avoids clunky software from the camera/scanner manufacturer

How is it different from plugging in my camera and importing photos?

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
rye9 said:
How is it different from plugging in my camera and importing photos?

I use image capture to download the photos from my camera because I don't like iphoto......it puts them where I tell it to put them and leaves all of the managing and organizing to me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.