to mini or not to mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by warcraftmaster, Jan 8, 2004.

1. warcraftmaster macrumors regular

apple is smart:)
    there a lot of people at apple that think the price of the mini iPod . i know its 50 dollors the 15 gb.
    but its just 100 dollers to the 20gb.
    so look at this:
    mini iPod:250$
    iPod 15gb:11gb for 50$
    ipod 20gb:remote(20$)iPod carry case(40$)ipod dock(40)5 more gb and just 100 dollers
    ipod 40gb:100 doller for 20 gb wow nice deal
    o wait apple just fished me out 250$ and people call that bad price ing
    its just like the laptops
    ibook g4 12:nice 1099
    ibook g4 933 14:200 dolller for a bigger and better
    ibook g4 1ghz:200 doller for more power
    power book 12:just 100 doller more
    and so on tell you can afford it. i stoped at the power book 12
    so to put it most people lookin to by a good mp3 they will end up with the 20gb 40gb.people that dont care about computer and other stuff like most girls i know will just get a mini iPod
    so this is what i think apple is doing to us

2. aphexist macrumors member

that was beautiful...

Sometimes people don't think about it, but as this post demonstrates, in general, if you spend more money you will most likely end up with more features.

When I went to get lunch at the food court in my building today, I looked at the menu. I could get a 6" sub for $3.60. That's about 60 cents per inch. However, if I bumped it up to a 12" (a.k.a. "footlong") for $5.75, I'm getting more inches for the rate of 36 cents per inch. Flash Forward to right now. I'm eating about 4 inches of sandwich for HALF PRICE.

Think about it.

3. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I'd still get (and probably will get) an iPod mini. It's coming out a little too late for it to be a late birthday gift, but it will be coming out a month before my birthday, which would be perfect timing to ask my parents for one. They never know what to get me and I never know what to ask them, so this works out perfectly and generally I like to stay within the $200-300 tops price range whenever I ask for a gift idea. Sure, the 15 gig is only $50 more, but I don't need 15 gigs and a silver iPod mini would look so sharp, especially sitting next to my PowerBook.

4. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Who cares, I was diddling w/ the mini for half an hour today at the expo and another half on the iPod. I want the mini for sure. It's so small, doesn't have the freaking mirror back that smudges easy, lighter, more compact button layout, and yet they sound the same. If I have the money, it's gotta be the mini. Maybe I'll get one when Christmas hits and Apple bumps the capacity to 10GB.

5. warcraftmaster thread starter macrumors regular

i wounder how a blue on will go with my power book
    what do you think?
    i just may get a blue one i got a 15 gb but what ever
    thank you