Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Megalobyte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Florida
Now that you have seen numerous, higher quality pictures and have a better idea of what the new design really looks like, do you still hate it?

Personally, from the leaked pics, I thought it looked pretty nice, and now that I have seen better pictures of it, I REALLY like it, but I was curious if anybody had changed their opinion now that we can see what it really looks like. I'll certainly know better once I have it in my hands, but along with the new design, it also appears to be a really beautifully made piece of hardware.

I'm very anxious to get one when I'm able. I think launch day/week is going to be considerably worse than last time, and last time was pretty bad if I remember correctly.

TeamDNA

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2009
i was one of thoes people who HATED it.. i was like " eww im not getting one if it looks like that"

but now i LOVE it .. i can't explain it.. but i am REALLY excited to get one

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
People love it more when Jobs has it in his hands, rather than some reporter. He could hold a turd and some people would be tripping over themselves to own one... :rolleyes:

I've actually changed. I thought it looked better from the leaks, and now looking at it, it looks weird, too long and square. I'm guessing when I have it in my hands my view will change though :)

g33

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
London, UK
id rather the 3GS design but in the same max thickness as the iPhone 4 and glass back instead of plastic, thats a winner :)

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
I still don't really like the looks, but will be getting it, if only for Retina Display

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I'm guessing when I have it in my hands my view will change though :)

Yeah, it's one of those products that doesn't photograph well. It's like the 3rd gen Nano which looked really hideous in ads. In real life it wasn't that bad.

Rhalliwell1

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
I hated it, then it started to grow on me. Now i think it looks pretty slick!

I still prefer the first gen iPhone though. I think that was the best looking device apple has produced.

BladesOfSteel

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2009
St. Paul
I'm still not a fan.

Maybe it's the sides. I don't mind the seams (or whatever Jobs called them for the antennas) but the thick stainless steal just doesn't do it for me.

There is also something about the back . . . I'm torn. I like it, but I don't . . . it's weird, I can't put my finger on it, but I'm just not sold on it.

(man, I can't wait to get bashed for this)

mistertomlinson

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
I didn't like it at first and really hoped it wasn't the final design, but now, I too think it's pretty sleek. I do think it would be perfect if they just tapered each pane of glass along the edges to give it a little less boxiness, but I realize this would probably make the glass more prone to cracking if dropped.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Now that you have seen numerous, higher quality pictures and have a better idea of what the new design really looks like, do you still hate it?

Personally, from the leaked pics, I thought it looked pretty nice, and now that I have seen better pictures of it, I REALLY like it, but I was curious if anybody had changed their opinion now that we can see what it really looks like. I'll certainly know better once I have it in my hands, but along with the new design, it also appears to be a really beautifully made piece of hardware.

I'm very anxious to get one when I'm able. I think launch day/week is going to be considerably worse than last time, and last time was pretty bad if I remember correctly.

Well, the design grew on me. Except those round buttons. I guess I'll get used to those too. I still think the photoshop of it with the old rocker looked a lot better.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Yeah, it's one of those products that doesn't photograph well. It's like the 3rd gen Nano which looked really hideous in ads. In real life it wasn't that bad.

I still prefer the 3rd gen nano's shape. I just got a 5th gen and let me tell you, the 3rd gen fits in pockets a lot better and the shape means it is smaller really (the long size of the 5th makes it a lot more awkward to fit in pockets).

I'm annoyed Apple went back to the long shape.

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I'm still not a fan.

Maybe it's the sides. I don't mind the seams (or whatever Jobs called them for the antennas) but the thick stainless steal just doesn't do it for me.

There is also something about the back . . . I'm torn. I like it, but I don't . . . it's weird, I can't put my finger on it, but I'm just not sold on it.

(man, I can't wait to get bashed for this)

I don't think anyone really cares, so you'll be waiting a long time to get "bashed." :rolleyes:

Wolfmore

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008
Getting it but don't like the blockiness

I didn't like the blockiness and i think I still won't like that. I like putting my iPhone naked in my front pocket and there was a natural smoothness with the old design. I think now the blockiness will stand out and I may feel forced to just get a belt case.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I didn't like the seams or the separate volume buttons. But never hated it, just doubted it's authenticity for the first couple of days.

But overall I do like it and I'm looking forward to owning one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.