Toast 5.1.4 updater won't finish installing

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by spuncan, Jul 10, 2002.

1. spuncan macrumors 6502

For some reason my copy of toast currpted itself so then I installed the original and tried to update it to 5.1.4 so X could natively run it. And for some reason I get this error shown below then another window pops up saying that installation couldn't finish because I didn't have enuogh rights yet I am admin on a computer w/ one account so I try root user that doesn't work then I redownload it meny time from many places w/ no luck. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone direct me to a copy of 5.1.3 because that seemed to work.
    BTW- its not this indivdual install of Toast because I've installed it many time w/ no luck.

Attached Files:

2. spuncan thread starter macrumors 6502

never mind i just installed it through classic which is anoying but whatever 5.1.5 will probably fix it.

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i had a problem like this when i tried to install an Illustrator 10 update. i still haven't got it to work yet... might try doing it through 9.

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I had no problem installing either the toast update (to the latest) nor installing Illustrator 10. I did both while in OS X, and NOT running that classic mode junk... :eek: :p :D

Seems like lots of people have issues with either installing software, or updates, where I do not... Makes me wonder what you have done to your computers to get them to be so damned touchy.

5. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

installs

I have heard that there are some bad Toast and Illustrator files floating arround the p2p community that don't update well. I'm not pointing fingers but its a possible cause of the problem.

6. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Re: installs

But then why would that cause a file creation error with an update? For that matter, why then would it work in classic?

7. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

It could be that your version works just fine. But I know there are versions floting arround. I did have a problem updating the classic version of it to the OS X version in OS X. I would have posted that sooner but spuncan allready figured it out. I had to drop into OS 9 and do the install. The last time I did a fresh install I wanted to do OS X only, but I couldn't becuase Of the toast installer and updater. I now have a CD with the OS X version of it on it so.. I dont have to worrie about that anymore. next time I do a clean install, I will trash OS 9 compleetly

-evildead

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I had no problem updateing to 5.1.4 from 5.1.3, smooth as! I love Toast!!! :D :D :D