Toast 6 and a 4.4GB CD-R Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by neocell, Aug 29, 2005.

1. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Using a 1GHz G4 iMac with a 4X Sony SuperDrive. The drive's a bit funky (when you eject it sucks back in right away some times, writes DVDs at 2X sometimes then 4X, exactly the same disc type) but works well for the most part. I just got some DVD+R, usually use DVD-R (from the same manufacturer) and when I put a blank disc in I get the same popup from Finder saying I inserted a blank DVD what do you want to do, but in Toast it says that it's a CD-R. When I went to command-I to get disc info it says that it's a 4.4GB CD-R, WTF?!? When I try to write a 4 GB file it just says not enough space. Does anyone know how to get around this? Please don't say buy Toast 7 though
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. neocell thread starter macrumors 65816

neocell

Does anyone know a cure? Some setting in Toast that I need to change?? Why Finder sees it as a DVD but Toast doesn't??? Anyone...

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Is it the latest version of Toast? See if there is a firmware upgrade for your SD from Apple or XLR8yourmac.

4. neocell thread starter macrumors 65816

neocell

Not really sure how to check for a firmware update. My SD is Sony DVD RW DW-U10A Firmware Revision A13b