Toast 6 Burning Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ozman712, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Ozman712 macrumors member

Mar 6, 2006
    I am trying to make a backup of one of my DVDs and this is my first attemp at it using my new Mac. I ripped it using MacTheRipper (I prefer using this instead of Handbrake because I don't lose any quality due to compression) and then I added only the main movie vob file to Toast. It encoded it more quickly than I think it should have (2:25 min movie in about 8 min), then it begins to burn the disc and it gets to about 1/8 of the way done and just stays there. I have done it twice and both times it stopped at the same place and I have to force quit Toast and restart to stop the drive from spinning to get the disc out. The disc is burnt for the amount it shows and the movie files are okay becuase I have watched them in VLC Player. Any advice would be appreciated and if this isn't the best way to make backups, then that advice would be helpful, too.

2. neocell macrumors 65816

May 23, 2005
    Great White North
    I use the data option (first tab on left) choose DVD-ROM (UDF), drag the folder (containing both AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) into the window and then burn it. Never had a problem with Toast 6 or 7, but in order to do it this way you may need to compress the file using DVD2oneX. Toast 7 will compress under the Video tab, but I don't think Toast 6 had this option.