Toast 6 Titanium Install Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jdogg707, Aug 5, 2004.

1. jdogg707 macrumors regular

I just purchased Toast 6 Titanium and am having a hard time installing it from the CD. When I try to drag the folder from the CD to my Apps directory it will start copying and at about the 171MB point it says there is an error copying the file and that it is no longer readable. I have tried installation from my Powerbook Combo Drive and my External DVD burner, and both get the same error. I tried going under Disk Utility and Verifying the disk and it said there was an error with the disc. Did I get a bad CD? The package was retail, purchased brand new and was unopened from Newegg.com. My system details are below:

Powerbook 1.5GHZ 15"
    1GB PC2700 DDR RAM
    128MB ATi Radeon 9700
    80GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
    Combo Drive
    OS X 10.3.4

Self built Firewire DVD Burner (Macally External Enclosure and Optorite 12X DVD+/-RW Drive)
    Western Digital Dual-Option Backup 250GB Firewire Hard Drive
    iSight
    3G iPod 15GB

2. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

1. are you copying the folder to your hd? why not just copy the Roxio Toast Titanium app. folder, and not the installer cd. my roxio folder in my apps. folder is only 50MB.

2. if you still can't get it go to Roxio's site (link below) download the current update, and use that app. folder and copy it to you hd. when it asks for your serial info. use the one from the box, which you purchased.

Good Luck,
    Ryan

oops, forgot the link here it is:
    Roxio Titanium Update 6.0.7

3. jdogg707 thread starter macrumors regular

I got your second suggestion to work, unfortunately I still have no access to any of the other programs like Motion Pictures or anything else. I guess this at least helps me use the software until I can get Roxio to send me a new CD.

4. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

can you drag those application folders, from the cd, into the Roxio Toast Titanium folder (the update one)? See if you can do that then try and open them, i think they should work unless everything has to be installed together at the same time. Not sure about that though.

let me know what happens.

5. jdogg707 thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately I can't, it still gives me the CD error. I guess it's just a bad disc, Disk Utility think so, and everything I try it on seems to agree. Hopefully Roxio will e-mail me back shortly.

6. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

thats weird. oh well, hopefully they do get back with you.

good luck.

7. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

I also bought this - and get errors!
    Attempting to copy into Applications folder - and get:
    "The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "Discus RE Artwork" could not be read or written
    (Eror Code -36)"

Was then able to copy all the other applications on the CD to my 17" PB one by one - but still hit the same error when I tried to copy this same file!?>!?!

8. jdogg707 thread starter macrumors regular

That's the error, except I cannot copy anything without an error. Roxio has still not gotten back to me on this and their telephone support cost $35.00 a pop!

9. jdogg707 thread starter macrumors regular

Roxio officially has the worst technical support ever, I haven't gotten an answer back from them concerning my problem so I called Customer Service. Customer Service tells me it is a Technical Support issue and I'll have to wait for them to respond to my e-mail, which can take up to two weeks! This is definitely the last time I buy a product made by them.

10. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...it seems to me that the CD is defective...happens sometimes and unfortunately you got a bad one. Have you tried contacting NewEgg...they sold it to you, maybe they'll be quicker to send you a replacement...can't hurt to try anyway....oh yeah!

11. jdogg707 thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately Newegg has a no return/exchange policy on this software. I called them about it and they said it was because Roxio will not credit them for the product and they end up eating the loss.

12. jdogg707 thread starter macrumors regular

Just thought I would update this thread: Roxio has agreed that the problem seems to be with the actual CD itself, but the only way they will replace it is if I call up their Customer Service line in Canada (No 800 number) and pay them 12.95 plus 6.95 shipping for it. This is absolutely terrible! They are the ones who package a bad CD in my sealed retail box and they won't even send me a replacement for it!

13. Zaty macrumors 65816

That's really bad customer service, they should exchange defective CDs at no cost, after all, it's not your fault but theirs. I'm glad I downloaded Toast from Roxio and did not buy the box. :)

14. jdogg707 thread starter macrumors regular

Success! After 45 minutes of long distance to Canada, two Roxio techs and one supervisor, I finally got a free disk sent to me! I had to get pretty mad, which I do not like doing, but I thought it was completely unfair what they were trying to do! Anyway, I'll update and let you guys know what happens. I think next time I buy software I'll try getting it offline. :)