toast 7 PROBLEMS with avi files being burnt to dvd and others

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by libremebientot, Jul 19, 2006.

1. libremebientot macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2006
    OK, so I have a:

PowerBook G4
    Mac OSX version 10.4.7
    1.67 GHz processor
    1 G memory
    and about 22 gigs of free space on an 80 gig harddrive

I have recently purchased Toast 7 and it was the 7.0.2 version. First of all, they wanted me update to 7.0.1, but it doesn't seem to do anything except put another icon for Toast in my applications.

I really wanted Toast 7 because I have a TON of avi movies just sitting on my computer and I wanted to put them on my DVD player. I have some memorex DVDrs that I've attempted to burn them onto but I've run into problems.

I may have to bite the bullet and buy a new DVD player, because every since I started to try and play the burnt ones, it's stopped working. It won't even play real store bought dvds.

I only got one movie I burned to play, and it skipped sometimes and changed to random scenes. I have a more up to date dvd player upstairs, and it plays the one that worked, but it doesn't play audio on the second, and last dvd I've burned so far.

Now, Toast 7 shuts down and says it had an error and for me to send a report to mac. I've turned almost 20 dvdrs into coasters because of this, and I don't know what to do.

I changed one of the settings to allow for a dvd to play on all american dvd players, but that doesn't help me with the problem that some dvd's aren't recognized by my dvd player, and some don't play audio, and sometimes Toast 7 just refuses to work!

Some people tell me to get better DVDrs, some tell me to get a new DVD player, which I might end up doing, but I still want to figure out how to get this damn program working correctly! I realize that not all avi files may record well, but I feel something else is up.

2. Frisco macrumors 68020

Sep 24, 2002
    I have never had a good experience burning CDs/DVDs with Memorex media on either PC or Mac.

I hope that your prroblem is as simple as bad media, but wait to see what other MR members have to say.

Good Luck!
  3. libremebientot thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2006

yeh i hope it's just a minor problem. i'm burning more movies right now and i have a new dvd player hooked up. hopefully someone can help me out.
  4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada