Toast 8 DVD burning...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stridder44, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I keep trying to burn a video DVD in toast (in both 7.1.2 and now 8) and both times Toast will get to 99% and then just freeze. Well, it doesn't freeze so much as it just gets stuck. It will encode up to 99% and get stuck. No actual burning yet though.

I was wondering if it was because I was burning a lot of clips (about 30 or so). It doesn't run out of HD space in the Roxio converted items folder either. Ideas?

2. bozigle macrumors regular

In toast 7 (i didn't updated for 8 yet)
    instead of burning strait, then save as disc image (go to bed the encoding is taking ages but make sure your computer is not going to sleep nor the hd)
    then check what is the size of your image. does it fit on the media you want??
    if not then do not quit toast and remove some of the clip and resave as disc image... because the files are still in the toast temp directory this won't take long. and when you're sure the size of the image is under your media size, then free your system of all unnecessary applications. load your image in toast and then burn it (without doing much meanwhile)
    bozigle

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I kinda do what the previous poster said. Toast constantly crashed for me or froze up during the encoding process, so I just started saving the disc I wanted to burn as a disc image first, quitting Toast, and reopening it in Toast. Then I was able to burn it, even using the fit-to-dvd. I don't know why I have to use two steps to get it to work, but it works, so I'm happy.

4. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

No it fits on the media (regular old 4.7 GB DVD), so that's what's confusing me.