Toast and another problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cursor, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Cursor macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2002
    Hey guys. I have a 15" FP iMac 800mHz. I just got Panther, and I am trying to go all OS X, and deleting OS 9 altogether. My problem is that when I try to install Toast 6, I get this message (see below).

I also am getting an error when I try to copy my archived Pictures and iPhoto data files folder back to my Home folder. The error says that I can't copy the aliases of the JPG pictures.

These errors seem to me that they might have the same roots, but I have no idea what the problem is. I have already erased my machine and started Panther from scratch twice. I appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. DJY macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    Canberra AUST
    I'm a new switcher - and have not had any glitches... until now...
    whilst it is a different error - I also got an error attempting to install Toast 6 - which I bought from my local Mac1 shop today.

I get an error saying:
    The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "Discus RE Artwork" could not be read or written
    (Error Code -36)

Tried twice - even just tried dragging and dropping the various icons on the CD onto my Powerbook as well... to get the same error.

Anyone able to help?