Toast Crash's or 108 Memory error every time

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marknicholls, Aug 12, 2005.

1. marknicholls macrumors 6502

Toast either Crash's (quite's unexpectidly) or 108 Memory error every time i try and convert and burn a DVD...i have 18gb of free space and 512MB RAM....Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

4. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I saw that, but i am trying to convert an AVI into a dvd (audio_TS and Video_TS) so i guess that cant be the problem

5. nsheikh80 macrumors regular

nsheikh80

I didn't particularly enjoy using Toast. I tried DiscBlaze which is excellent!

6. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

I had a similar problem this afternoon. I was trying to burn a DVD of an AVI file and I got an error to say that I was out of memory (which is ridiculous as I have 2GB). I opened up Activity Monitor to find that I had 1.2GB of free/inactive RAM and more than enough hard disk space for virtual memory. I have no idea why Toast thought I was out of memory, but I gave up and used ffmpegX to convert it to a Video_TS folder and burned that using Toast.

7. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

I just downloaded discblaze....it doesnt appear to convert AVI to a DVD player format (VIDEO_TS)

does anyone know of any other good apps that will do this?

Such a shame i am having problems with Toast, on my old flat panel mac i had no problems and it was a lower spec

8. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

DiscBlaze did converet it but you cant put 2 avi files on the same disc like you can with toast ( to play in a DVD player)

There must be another toast like app out there? all i want to do is convert 2 avi's into a DVD playable file with a menu to select which one i want to play....like you can in toast!)

9. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Yeah, I've been having this same problem. At first I thought my Cube was just too slow to encode and that's why it crashed after a couple of hours, but after getting the same message on my dad's G5 (albeit much quicker) I'm really at a loss.

You might wanna just find an AVI -> QT program and try iDVD or something like that, which is what I believe I'm gonna end up doing.

10. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

I have just upgraded to Toast 6.1 and it has sorted all my problems out :)

Thank God....i love this app!